Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Sets up and operates automatic or semi-automatic machines. May perform other tasks including, but not limited to; placing labels on packages, and putting data sheets with product. - (Northern California)
- Assembles, repairs, inspect and/or test products following written instructions.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions and other work related documents, written in English.
- Sets up and operates a variety of manufacturing machines or equipment following written instructions in the English language.
- Cleans tools and equipment per documented procedures.
- Records information on approved documents.
- Disposes hazardous waste material on corresponding hazardous waste areas.
- Resolves problems and make routine recommendations.
- Trains other employees when necessary.
- Maintains all position certifications up to date as required to remain in compliance.
- Completes daily work to meet established schedule with guidance from supervisor on prioritization of tasks.
- Solves problems of limited scope and complexity requiring basic interpretation of well-defined procedures and practices.
- Maintains confidentiality in handling sensitive information or documents.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Two-year degree or some college credits preferred.
- Applies limited knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and a basic understanding of department fundamentals. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Performs routine tasks working from detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Assignments require limited judgment in troubleshooting proven processes.