Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function:
The primary function of the Area Controller of the Americas within the Transfusion Business Unit is to partner with the Business Unit leaders to evaluate and support the implementation of business strategies to grow sales and profitability. This position provides strategic financial advice and insights based on accurate and timely financial analysis supporting management's decisions. Synchronizing the financial information flow into clear and concise value added analysis. Must assure adequate and appropriate financial controls are in place and executed. The International business brings a set of dimensions and complexities, which need to be properly defined, understood, and articulated to senior management.
Core Job Responsibilities:
The Area Business Unit Finance Manager manages and executes a wide range of financial responsibilities in support of the Area BUs, providing key Financial Analytics, recommendations and collaborates with other finance professionals to ensure the overall effectiveness of the Planning process including timeliness, accuracy and integrity; also leading BU specific monthly financial reporting, budget preparation, variance analysis and budget updates.
Act as financial leader for the monthly IBP process and business decision support, streamline processes to provide timely and meaningful financial information to business unit senior leadership.
Lead the financial planning process, develops and submits well-prepared and supported financial Plan, LBE's and business cases for the Areas and each country. Serves as the business partner and financial counsel to the BU Area Managing Directors (US and LAC), Commercial Excellence and Pricing.
Forecasts and Manages Transfusion Cash Flow for Accounts Receivable and Service Equipment for the Area. Collaborate with Area teams to ensure Area Cash Flow Targets are met.
Foster an environment that systematically delivers comprehensive performance driven analytics and anticipates/responds to changes in the market.
Provide financial expertise in evaluating and identifying the key opportunities, issues and gaps in business performance and emerging business needs. Delivers timely and insightful business and financial analysis that provides a foundation for management understanding and decision making.
Collaborates effectively with the Area Finance teams to ensure ongoing alignment between Business Unit and the Areas across all financials including Plans, RLBEs, Actuals, etc. Proactively resolves any emerging issues or conflicts with the Area Finance teams.
Effectively manages communication, understands and manages cultural differences of the various affiliates to ensure alignment across the Areas with Global BU, Division and Corporate expectations.
Responsible for assuring Division and Corporate accounting and financial policies, procedures and practices are adhered to during the course of operations. Maintains an effective system of internal financial controls.
Position Accountability / Scope:
Americas Area Controller Transfusion Business Unit is a hands-on commercial finance role, providing multiple country and Area support across the US and Latin America/Canada, interacting with all countries and Area finance.
- Area includes mature markets as well as developing countries with high growth expectations
- Area has a large diversity in types of businesses from single customer countries, to countries with fewer but larger deals, to countries with heavy distributor business.
- Sales over $395MM for the Areas of responsibility (US and LAC), with significant market share and growing.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA/CPA strongly preferred but not required.
- Eight of more years of diverse finance experience. Two or more years of experience at the management level in finance.
- Strong understanding of Sales, P&L, and Balance Sheet. Experience supporting a Commercial organization is preferred. International Divisional, Area or Affiliate experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, innovative thinking and problem-solving ability. Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a strong plus, but not required.
- Strong Analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Self-motivated individual who drives for success in a demanding, but fulfilling work environment.
- Power-Excel user and previous experience with Cognos Powerplay and or TM1 is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly desired .
JOB FAMILY:Financial Planning and Analysis
LOCATION:United States > Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-5
TRAVEL:Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf