Uplay is a digital distribution platform for our PC games and is the customer facing app for many of our Ubisoft online services. Developing and maintaining such a platform is a diverse task and affects millions of users globally every day. The technology has to be solid and available around the clock.
As a Business Intelligence Developer (or Data Engineer) at Massive Entertainment, you'll leverage software tools to transform our data into useful insights that help us make business decisions for the Uplay platform. You'll help to maximize the analytics’ teams efficiency and the tech environment by improving data reliability, efficiency and quality through database architecture, design and automation. In addition, you'll act as a resourceful partner who ensures the liaison between data providers and analytics experts.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
· Acting as subject matter expert in all facets of complex ETL processes. From gathering design, to deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting and implementing solutions to facilitate ETL operation and management
· Collaborating telemetry design (events and in-game stats) to ensure efficient usage of collected data (ETL & ad hoc)
· Evaluating & tracking events integrated in the game to identify risks for scalability during launch and develop methods for efficient reporting and data storage
· Proposing, implementing and maintaining solutions to facilitate usage of external data sources and to cross those data sources with game telemetry
· Deploying solutions that allow us to efficiently monitor data quality during a projects life-cycle
· Ensuring the deployment of backup solutions aligned with needs, in collaboration with tech partners
· Building complex SQL queries, scripts, stored procedures and User-Defined Functions
· Monitoring the operation load on the servers (YARN), identify issues and contribute to their resolution
· Developing tools that improve presentation, reporting and data visualization
· Drafting tech documents, user manuals and installation guides
· Contributing to the continued enhancement of the products, code and documents
You as a person
You have a solid foundation of the gaming industry, the ability to understand data, think conceptually and convert said data into insights. You've a high tolerance for ambiguity but have the ability to create structure. You're a passionate problem solver with an eye on the big picture, whilst also being detail orientated. Finally, you're a fluent English speaker, our company language.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
· Ability to optimize ETL processes by using incremental loading to create fact/summary tables
· SQL and relational database, Data Warehouse, Big Data tech (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Impala)
· SSRS/SSAS/SSIS, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), Report Builder
· Power BI, DAX, and security rules.
· Knowledge and experience with BI Tools (e.g. Tableau);
· Development of R, Python, or Java tools to facilitate data analysis;
· Experience working with a variety of data formats (XML and JSON) and transforming them into a relational database structure
Good to know
We aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here , to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.