Thales Alenia Space, a joint venture between Thales (67%) and Finmeccanica (33%), is a key European player in space telecommunications, navigation, Earth observation, exploration and orbital infrastructures. Thales Alenia Space and Telespazio form the two parent companies' “Space Alliance”, which offers a complete range of services and solutions. Because of its unrivaled expertise in dual (civil/military) missions, constellations, flexible payloads, altimetry, meteorology and high-resolution optical and radar instruments, Thales Alenia Space is the natural partner to countries that want to expand their space program. The company posted consolidated revenues of 2.1 billion euros in 2015, and has 7,500 employees in eight countries. www.thalesaleniaspace.com
Position Summary – Key responsabilities and principle tasks
· Design and development of RF circuits up to Ku Band (amplifiers, oscillators, modulators…), and low frequency circuits (power conditioning, interfaces) following space quality rules
· Design validation in the lab
· Definition of manufacturing files (schematics, layout) for the designed circuits
· Preparation of the tuning & test procedures of the designed circuits
· To take part in the Validation of the Solution process
· Customer support and collaboration with other departments in the company (quality, CTO, manufacturing, testing,…)
· Design documentation in English to justify the solution in front of the customer
Education & Qualifications
Electrical Engineer (master degree) with firm background on electronics, radiofrequency, radio-communications and telecommunications.
Skills and ideal experience
· Design, development and validation in the lab of RF functions (amplifiers, oscillators, filters, modulators…) and base-band functions (interfaces y bias circuitry) for radio-communication equipmentdocumentation in English to justify the solution in front of the customer.
· Experience in RF design based on discrete components
· Test & Measurement equipment experience (Scopes, Analizers…).
· Expertise on searching and getting the best technical and programmatic solution (parts..).
· Ofimatic: Microsoft Office
· Simulation: ADS, Momentum (Electromagnetic 2.5D), HFSS/EmPro (Electromagnetic 3D), ORCAD/PSPICE, MATLAB.
· Others: C/C++, Labview.
English is a must, knowledge of other languages will be valued.
· Good academic record
· International experience
· Expertise on RF circuit design and development
· Experience in RF breadboard testing
· Knowledge of Radiofrequency equipment and Digital Communications
· Ability to solve technical problems
· Team work capabilities, proactivity and rigor
· Self-motivation and innovation capacity; versatility
Disability certificate will be valued