🔍Houston, Texas, United States
📅 1036Total Views
📅 190004H3Requisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Reports to the Manager/Supervisor, in the Western Region Subsea Services Organizational Unit in Houston, Texas.
This position is a solid independent contributor able to complete more complex work without direct supervision. A Services Installation Engineer is a critical component to ensuring proper planning and execution of post manufacturing services to our customers. An Installation Engineer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to: field installation support, technical documentation, product design review and validation, technical planning, customer interface, project execution, product and system troubleshooting, performance testing, product maintenance, repair and refurbishment.
· Understand implication of variations in customer, code or contract compliance. Consult and help others to recognize when to consult with other departmental functions.
· Translate customer requirements into product specific specifications. Identify technology/product gaps in specifications.
· Performs as a process owner. Actively starts to recommend improvements. Actively works with the supplier and customer requirements.
· Able to work independently on the more varied and complex tasks and/or functional leadership without direct supervision as needed.
· Responsible for safe, high quality, high quantity and on-time-delivery of assigned project deliverables assigned by project leaders, direct or indirect managers.
· Lead departmental training programs for AEDT, SST, and SUT.
· Potential for occasional offsite and international travel.
· Leading a team of engineers supporting customer projects.
· Provide monthly status reports on multiple projects that include project status, milestones achieved, OTD and critical project issues.
· Fully competent in shop/lab assembly or field installation or testing, may begin to lead. Able to identify and troubleshoot system issues.
· Attend internal and external meetings and serve as TechnipFMC technical focal point for multiple projects.
· Develop solutions to problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating data. Anticipates potential problem and identifies and proposes required preventive actions.
· Provide leadership for on/offshore personnel including operations coordinators, workshop manager and quality department on technical requests.
· Provide technical support and leadership for onshore/offshore activities for more complex systems.
· Periodically assigned as “on-call engineer” to support technical issues that may arise in the workshop or offshore.
· Research and provide technical disposition relating to field non-conformances for service notifications and service alerts. Approves conclusion /resolutions for service notifications and service alerts.
· Review/Approve rig books and all associated installation documents.
· Provide interface resolution between TechnipFMC and non-TechnipFMC equipment. Ensure regional alignment with other projects.
· Generate/Approve all system level layout drawings between TechnipFMC and third party equipment.
· Review/approve assembly and testing instructions for system level assemblies.
· Maintain equipment list and document registry for multiple projects.
· Hosting and/or attending readiness reviews for on or off-site execution of work (ORR) for assigned projects.
· Hosting and/or attending after action reviews for on or off-site execution of work (AAR) for assigned projects.
· Responsible to ensure functional locations are created for multiple projects.
· Review design basis document and/or specifications for new product or tooling as needed.
· Develop operation support plan for new product introduction.
· Identify the need for specialty equipment needed to support customer operations related to services engineering. Support development of such products.
· Provide engineering support for all new quotes and CTRs/support services quotes group.
· Provide engineering deliverables to meet stage gate deliverables for EPC and Non-EPC projects.
· Support category 3 stage gate.
· Ensure cooperation and interaction across diverse stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization, often managing familiar and less challenging customers.
· Frequent contact and interface with operation managers, product group engineering departments, onshore assembly and maintenance technicians, technical service professionals, vendors , contractors and regional engineering teams.
· Frequent interface with internal and external project stakeholders identifying/clarifying technical scope and problem solving.
· Strong contacts and relations with multiple key customer contacts.
· Provide guidance and motivation to project team members and build effective relationships with peers, co-workers, customers, and industry representatives.
· Proactively participates in HSE initiatives, START, JSAs and risk assessments.
· Uses sound judgment, safe work practices, and delivers high quality work on-time.
· Prepares and presents technical data to internal and external customers.
· Familiar with and utilizes industry code requirements, quality requirements, and customer requirements.
· Uses the CAD and data base systems and generates layouts, analyzes designs, and evaluates equipment systems.
· Understands and interprets system, field and detailed schematics.
· Effectively troubleshoots hydraulic systems.
· Reviews and approves technical documentation related to engineering changes: ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Information) and engineering specification/requirements and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering deliverables.
· Participates in design reviews and consults with other departments on designs and field related applications.
· Provides onshore and offshore technical support for assembly/refurbishment and offshore operations. Identifies root cause of problems and documents appropriately. Develops and communicates alternative solutions and associated benefits and risks.
· Reviews/approves clear technical instructions regarding refurbishment, installations, maintenance and/or repair of equipment following quality requirements.
· Enters engineering hours properly in SAP.
· Understands subsea environment with respect to materials, cathodic protection, corrosion (pitting, HISC, galvanic etc.), calcareous deposits, marine growth.
· Understands different coating and surface treatment applications (Xylan, paint, electroless nickel, phosphating, nitriding, carburizing, etc.).
· Is skilled in safety aspects related to real-life environment of using/installing FMCTI equipment, at onsite and offsite locations.
· Supports FMECA, Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), and Hazard and Identification Study (HAZID).
· Attends appropriate industry related professional society meetings and functions in order to stay informed and make good use of new technologies, products and personal development opportunities.
· BS degree in Engineering required; For Topside Controls: BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred.
· Generally 5+ years of experience in field.
· Ability to train others in the application of engineering practices as related to area of specialty/product, including code and criteria requirements. Beginning to understand peripheral specialties and products.
· Understands the components of department or project priorities related to the work being performed. Understand customer requirements.
· Design engineering plans and review the work of others evaluating the effectiveness, safety, and economic impact of designs and developing recommendations to optimize results, as needed. Beginning to approve design of others. Have a mastery of product interfaces and gaining a mastery of system interfaces.
· Strong computer proficiency with applicable software applications in related field.
· Advanced analytical and problem solving. Beginning to utilize prevention skills.
· Accuracy and attention to detail important.
· Ability to establish deadlines for self and manage priorities is critical.
· Make recommendations related to requirement changes. Gaining an understanding of the impact on other projects.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are important.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is important.
· Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
· Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts with ability to persuade and influence others as needed.
· Prepare and deliver presentations.
· Effective understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is critical.
· Possess strong PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
· Embodies a customer-oriented attitude and the ability to work independently without close supervision.
· Must be able to receive a Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Spend 70-80% time in an office environment and/or 20-30% in shop or field environment supporting product installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and/or interventions. May be exposed to possible hazards including noise, outdoor temperature extremes, chemicals, pressure testing, heavy lift operations and shop/field traffic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Office environment requires sitting, operating a computer, walking and some lifting. Hands-on labor in shop and/or field environment, which requires lifting, walking, stooping, bending, and some climbing.