🔍Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
📅 644Total Views
📅 190004H5Requisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Introduction to the Job
At TechnipFMC we deliver critical projects of a scale, scope and difficulty that you simply won't find anywhere else. We offer breakthrough projects, a global playground and inspiring experiences.
We are now looking for an Analysis Engineer to join our multicultural team in Lysaker, Norway.
As part of the installation analysis team, you will perform installation analysis engineering related to flexible, umbilical, rigid pipe and subsea lifting of structures. The work includes Hydrodynamic calculations and modelling in Orcaflex of subsea products and assets, static and dynamic analysis to verify systems constraints and operability.
You will interface with project and lead engineers in projects, and with other engineering disciplines to ensure optimized and safe installation methods.
As an analysis engineer your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
· Data gathering and evaluation, design basis writing and follow-up
· Calculation of hydrodynamic and inertial properties of structures
· Use of marine operations software packages to model products, structures, vessels and other systems required to perform subsea operations such as pipe laying and lifting
· Verification of modelling and calculations towards relevant industry codes, standards, design guides, rules and regulations
· Use the developed automation based on python scripts and have a capacity to develop automation as required and request
· Liaise with associated subsea disciplines and coordinate interfaces within projects
· Provide technical engineering support to other departments and to colleagues in terms of training and mentoring
· Preparation of study reports and participation in tender work related to installation analysis
· Supports the knowledge development within the discipline by providing guidance, trainings and mentoring to engineers
· Ensures that engineering documents meet the general quality requirements, codes, and standards
· Ensures that the discipline engineering deliverables are compliant with contract requirements (including budget), project QHSE plan and TechnipFMC and discipline engineering processes and standards
· Ensure “lessons learned” with other Lead Engineers and project support functions
You are meant for this job if
You have minimum 3 years` experience working within relevant subsea engineering sphere and have knowledge of engineering fundamentals associated with subsea construction activities. You should have proven ability to apply engineering and project management skills on subsea construction activities. You have a degree (BSc or MSc) within Marine Structures, Marine Hydrodynamics, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
It is positive if you have experience from one of the following disciplines/fields: Flexible and umbilical pipelay, Rigid pipelay or Subsea lifting of structures.
Requirements for this role include:
· Engineering degree (MSc or BSc)
· Knowledge of engineering fundamentals associated with subsea construction activities.
· Skills in modelling of hydrodynamic physical systems
· Basic programming skills, preferably Python
· Good understanding of statistics and probabilistic approach to engineering design
· Structured with high sense of quality and on time performance
· Capable to generate results working in both team and alone
· Good communication skills
· Fluent written and verbal English
Your future at TechnipFMC
· Good opportunities for technical career path
· Large international company with good Global mobility opportunities
· Training and development through project activity
· Diverse and international team
Application deadline is 24.11.2019.
For further information, please contact:
Manager Project Engineering – Danone Bauknight, phone +47 6758 8562/mobile +47 4647 3661
Discipline Supervisor Analysis - Young Jang Na, phone +47 6720 2551
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page .
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates