Descripción de la oferta
Credit analysis is a function performed internally by GLBA/CRE here in Madrid. The team is responsible for preparing the credit packages at the behest of the front office, i.e. the Primary Client Responsibility Units – PCRUs.
These credit packages entail all the information necessary (deal details, financial and concentration analysis, etc.) for the Bank to take on risk exposure with corporate clients in a wide range of industries, as well as to public sector entities and local/regional governments.
Requests for preparation of dossiers may also come from business lines needing approvals, of course always in coordination with the PCRUs. The CRE team is also responsible for assessing and duly processing applications sent from locations outside of Iberia of counterparties where the PCRU is in Spain, seeking the PCRU's recommendation or outright approval, as the case may be. Credit analysts will have a focus on particular sectors of economic activity. The CRE team also renders support to the Business Lines with respect to all Iberian corporate or public sector credit-related issues (via counterparty opinions for example) and, in the case of the CORI team, assistance in work-outs and restructurings. In preparing the credit files, CRE/SPA strives to:
(i) Free up relationships teams for them to focus on the marketing effort
(ii) Establish contacts at the client level to obtain clarity on credit issues and, thus, ensure that an independent credit review is conducted
(iii) Achieve a consistently high standard on the credit files that are prepared, making sure that the credit issues are clearly identified and assessed and that this is done in a synthesized manner
(iv) Advising on suitable/acceptable structures for new facilities
(v) Ensuring that all deals are processed, either when being quoted or for renewals, within the established due dates.
The candidate will be part of one of the three teams within GLBA/CRE in Spain and will report to a Team Leader and to the Head of the department. The main responsibilities of the credit analyst will be:
1- Preparing credit applications on SG's clientele, analyzing the respective industry dynamics (market), the business profile and asset conversion cycle of the client, management's quality and its strategy, and conduct a financial statement analysis and, where appropriate, a forward-looking analysis with the use of projections
2- Liaising with CORI, the various Risk units in Paris (CAG, CFI, ARM, Etude, PAG, etc.) the business lines, legal and compliance and, where necessary, their clients to discuss structuring of lending facilities
3- Reviewing applications prepared by overseas branches seeking approval for exposure to local subsidiaries of Iberian clients
4- Obtaining approval of potential or actual excesses notified by the dealing room
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in Risk Management, Credit Analysis or similar:
- Experience in credit risk analysis and knowledge of financial accounting concepts - Ability to understand and review credit dossiers, credit applications, reporting, portfolio management
- Strong interpersonal skills (commitment, good communication skills, interest, curiosity) and ability to work in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Spanish is also a must
- Demonstrated work ethic, positive attitude, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in TMT, Real Estate and Family Offices sectors will be positively valued
-Knowledge of French language
Madrid based , ‘Corporate & Investment Banking' division is looking to hire an Associate to join its ‘Credit Risk Analysis” department.
SG CIB at the core of Société Générale's universal banking business model, the Corporate & Investment Bank is a well diversified and leading player with 12 000 professionals present in over 40 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. Standing by its clients across sectors, the Corporate & Investment Bank tailors solutions for them by capitalising on its worldwide expertise in investment banking, global finance, and global markets.
- For Corporates, Financial Institutions and public sector: providing a global advisory approach (M&A, debt, equity transaction, capital structure, and asset & liability management), as well as quality capital raising solutions across the debt and equity spectrum, optimised financing and expert risk management responses notably in the realm of foreign exchange and rates derivatives.
- For investors: offering reliable and sound investment opportunities and risk management solutions through its integrated global markets platform delivering seamless access to markets (equity, rates, credit, currencies, commodities and derivatives), as well as advice and solid financial engineering, quality of execution and forward-looking research across asset classes.
The Client Credit Group (CCG) within CORI acts as a support for Coverage and the Business Lines. CORI/CCG is an independent intermediary providing credit assessment between Business Lines and RISQ. CORI/CCG monitors SGCIB client portfolio to anticipate changes in the credit profile, proposes appropriate action in terms of exposure deduction and/or modifications in the Obligor rating and is responsible for all aspects of due diligence for the Know Your Customer processes.
Job code: 19000KNL
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/09/2019
Date of publication: 11/07/2019
CREDIT ANALYST (ANALYST/ASSOCIATE) - SOCIETE GENERALE MADRID
Permanent contract | Madrid - Spain | Corporate and Investment Banking
· Home Job Offers CREDIT ANALYST (ANALYST/ASSOCIATE) - SOCIETE GENERALE MADRID
· All our job offers
· Advice to candidates
· Group Société Générale website
· Contact form
· Profiles wanted
· Legal information
Follow Us :
Recruitment - Société Générale