· Designing, developing, releasing and supporting our big data platform, a shared multi-tenant Hadoop cluster.
· Provide guidance to developers in the region to onboard them on big data projects. Help them design and implement big data architectural patterns.
· Develop working code using software engineering best practices such as continuous integration and deployment, and legacy refactoring
· Participate to testing, deployment and production activities of the team to ensure production stability Current technology stack
· Hadoop cluster on-premises running HortonWorks, using Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Spark, Hive, Oozie, HBase and Solr
· Azure HDInsight
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
· Proven years of Big Data development (Cloudera, HortonWorks, Spark, Hive) and Core Java development (Java 8, Spring Boot) or solid knowledge of Python and analytics libraries, plus one or more of the following:
· Hands-on experience with public cloud data analytics frameworks (Azure HDInsight preferred, AWS Kinesis Firehose, AWS Redshift, AWS EMR, Google Cloud Dataproc & Dataflow)
· Previous experience in Agile, continuous delivery (Jenkins) Mindset:
· Welcomes and embraces changes and enjoys delivering working solutions to the business
· Prefers trial/error and quick iterations (weeks) over following a 6 month plan
· Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project
· Prefers direct communication (face to face when possible)
· Working software is the primary measure of progress
· Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design
· Keeps things simple and clear to understand
The bank is growing its technology capacity around big data to support growing demand from our business.
The technical agile teams within ITEC/ARC/LAB are designing, building and supporting a set of technical capabilities to support business growth and digital transformation. These teams have mandate to explore all pertinent solutions, interface and collaborate with subject matter experts in the departments they are supporting, and deliver strategic value for the bank in quick iterations. Teams are expected to favor individuals and interactions, working software, customer collaboration, and embracing change.
This is a great opportunity for developers passionate about modern technologies who want to make an impact both locally and globally within the Bank.
We are looking for Big Data Engineers who are curious to understand and challenge processes, propose creative solutions, and develop them as part of a dynamic team.
Job code: 19000A06
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 10/09/2019
Big Data Engineer
Permanent contract | Hong Kong | Information Technology
· Home Job Offers Big Data Engineer
· All our job offers
· Advice to candidates
· Group Société Générale website
· Contact form
· Profiles wanted
· Legal information
Follow Us :
Recruitment - Société Générale