The HR Business Partner is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for the North East region
· Maintains responsibility for compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
· Communicates changes in company personnel policies and procedures. Ensures proper compliance is followed
· Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of company policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters
· Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of wage and salary program
· Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
· Implements and annually updates compensation program; conducts annual salary surveys. Analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
· Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures
· Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
· Coordinate annual performance review process with management
· Coordinate and conduct employee feedback sessions. Annually analyze feedback and assist management with action planning
· Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars
· Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
· Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation
· Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters, including performance management
· Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Head of Human Resources, on personnel matters
· Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the company
· Develops and maintains retention program on a yearly basis. Communicates with senior management on recommendations for improvements and trends
· Participates on committees, special projects and seeks additional responsibilities
· Improves manager and employee relations by investigating, identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees
· Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· PHR Certification is preferred
· Minimum four years’ experience in a human resources role within a mid to large size company
· Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and team-based project experience
· Clear understanding of labor law, payroll and benefits process
· Must have experience with ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA and Workers Compensation
· Strong management and communication skills
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Excel and Applicant Tracking Systems, Payroll software and other HRIS systems.
Why Choose Sixt?
As a global mobility service provider, SIXT is well-known for over a century of innovative products and customer-orientated services. The company’s success and dynamic growth is based on their employees’ commitment. We champion an energized work culture, development opportunities and growth potential! In addition, we offer a competitive salary and employee benefits.
More about the department
Our employees bring our company into the fast lane - that's our HR team is in the race for the best talents worldwide every day. But at SIXT, successful personnel work does not stop with selecting the right people! We take care of, among other things, the support and development of our talents, payroll, and working with our HR managers in the corporate countries.
More about the company
SIXT stands for exciting mobility and customer tailored solutions. With nearly $3 billion in revenue and a presence in over 110 countries worldwide, it is no wonder we are a global leader in the car rental industry. In the USA alone, we are experiencing over 30% growth for the last several years, which provides great career opportunities in the future for the right candidates. Founded as a small car rental company in Pullach near Munich, Germany, today at SIXT we unite all our mobility products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (taxi and chauffeur services) all in a single mobility platform ONE, which gives our customers access to a fleet of 270,000 vehicles, the services of 1,500 partners and 1.5 million drivers worldwide. SIXT hires with a focus on service-oriented, entrepreneurial team players, who are excited about interacting with customers and colleagues from all over the world. SIXT is more than just renting cars. We have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit.