Description de l'offre
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 239379
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit:http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Sales Application Engineer is responsible for the end-to-end completion of high quality proposals, quotations, bids and tender responses, which are both technically and commercially compliant with the client's specifications for medium voltage drives.
·Timely preparation of detailed engineering proposals for the medium voltage drives product line.
·Accurately interpret client's technical specification and produce a compliant technical proposal; offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
·Accurately interpret client's commercial requirements and ensure any commercial or contractual risks to the company are identified and mitigated.
·Ensure proposals pricing and estimating is in line with company's agreed strategies on sales and marketing, charge out rates and availability of engineering resource.
·Act as a single point of contact for customer, outside sales and our representative channel and undertake a negotiating role when preparing costed proposals.
·Arrange and take a lead role in ‘bid review', ‘bid clarification' and ‘sales handover' meetings.
·Write high quality technical and commercial documents and reports and present them to both internal and external audiences.
·Liaise with internal stakeholders to assist in collating accurate data for the preparation of proposals.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in business for medium voltage inverter products
• Strong skills in communication, change management and influencing without authority
• Experience and strong skill sets in the use of tools for proposal development
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas. (Electrical, mechanical engineering preferred)
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
• Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise.
• Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
• Typically 1-3 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Responsibilities as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019