Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 236061
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is seeking a System Engineer to join our Hayward team. This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems that are sold by our sales group. This is a great opportunity to join a global engineering powerhouse with a strong local team in place to foster career development.
· Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
· Acts as a technical resource to the Siemens team and customers as needed. Participates in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. May participate in initial job site walk-through with contractors and/or building management. Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
· May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, and Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
· Designs large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
· Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation. Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
· Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and those from outside suppliers to meet project requirements. Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/subcontractor.
· Oversees the creation of system graphics. Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information. Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Required education: High School Diploma, GED, or high school proficiency exam.
· Required experience: An academic engineering background relevant to the type of systems design skills needed for this role.
· Required travel: 5%
· Other requirements:
· Must be organized and have excellent written and verbal skills in English.
· Must be able to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation using standard tools, products, or practices.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
· Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with up to two years of industry experience.
· Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations.
· AutoCAD, CAD Training or any related Engineering Design Software.
· Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
· 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
· Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019