Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. SE comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
This position is responsible for entire scope of Control Systems for Packaging the rotating equipment projects, which requires control panel design, PLC programming, Instrumentation, testing, debugging, and assist during commissioning and start-up efforts.
Engineering responsibilities include
· Design complex control systems for controlling and monitoring rotating equipment
· Understands principles of rotating equipment and various systems such as fuel systems, lube systems, auxiliary systems and basic concepts of driven units such as compressors and generators.
· Able to understand P&IDs and develop control system schematics, wiring diagrams and loop diagrams
· Develop control system architectures and complex network diagrams
· Proficient in Control Panel Assembly Design and General Arrangements
· Develop controls application using Software’s such as Siemens PCS7, Allen Bradley RSLogix Family.
· Develop PLC programming using ladder logic, statement text, function blocks and CFCs.
· Design and develop Control System hardware using Siemens ET-200 Family, S7-300/400 Family products and Allen Bradley ControlLogix, FlexLogix family products.
· Develop operator interface using HMI products such as RSView, Intouch Wonderware, WinCC
· Design controls architectures using communication Protocols such as Profibus, Ethernet, ControlNET, DeviceNET, Modbus etc.
· Design, develop and program Fire & Gas Systems such as Det-tronics
· Design, develop and program machine monitoring systems such as Bently Nevada and XM Vibration
· Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), SIL Levels and Safety Systems.
· Knowledge of industry standards such as ATEX, CE, IEC, NEC, API, etc.
· Preparation of Instrument Schedule, Instrument Datasheets, Instrument List of the same in line with the Client Specs & pre order correspondence.
· Operation & Control narratives, Cause & Effect Diagram, Alarm & Trip point summary, Point Database & I/O count, Function Loop Diagrams, Logic Diagrams
· Panel Layout Drawings & BOM’s, Wiring Schematics & Wiring Schedules, Junction box schedule, Cable schedule etc.
· Monitors the technical part of the contract and observes timelines for the handover of design documents, standards and project guidelines
· Supports site and testing engineers during commissioning. (Ready to travel on demand)
· Engineer shall review customer specifications and vendors offers and should be able to provide comments and feedback.
· Engineer shall ensure all designs are compliant with applicable codes, standards and safety regulations
· Shall have experience in writing test procedures, user manuals and As-built documentation
· Shall be part of kick off and design review meetings.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· The ideal candidate shall have a degree (BE) in engineering with a minimum of 8 years of experience working as a Control Systems Engineer.
· Shall have a minimum of 5 years of experience in controls systems architecture and networking concepts. (ControlNet, Devicenet, Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus etc).
· Possess a strong knowledge of design, specification and implementation of software and/or hardware systems
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Allen Bradley Control Systems hardware (ControlLogix, CompactLogix and FlexLogix etc) and software (RSLogix 5000, RSLinx etc)
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Siemens PCS7, Simatic S7, WinCC, Profibus etc.
· HMI development, configuration and implementation of Rockwell software. Programming using Factory Talk Systems
· Must demonstrate a structured approach to the job with the ability to set priorities and attention to job details
· Strong customer focus in dealing with end clients, internal discipline groups and vendors.
· Strong communications, analytical, problem solving and organizational/planning skills
· The candidates should desire to pursue careers in Packaging-related fields – including Electrical, Controls
· Control Panel Design including identifying the hardware, creating Bills of Material, panel layouts
· Specifying and identifying junction boxes, box layouts
· Specifying and identifying PLC Hardware & software components
· Software design and programming capabilities using Siemens PCS7 & Allen Bradley products, both PLCs & HMIs
· Understanding and interpreting P&IDs
· Develop Control Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, Loop Diagrams.
· Good Understanding of I/O (Digital & Analog), identifying the hardware
· Ability to author Controls documentation such as Controls Architecture, I/O Layout, Controls Narratives, Cause & Effects, Test Procedures
· Good understanding of communications protocols such as Profibus, ControlNET, Modbus
· Understanding of DC and AC Power distribution
· Basic understanding of A.C & D.C motors
· Experience with Industry standards such as IEC, NEC, ATEX etc.
· Experience with Hazardous area classifications
· Experience in commissioning & installation, startup and debugging of software
· Experience with Safety SIL aspects
· Good communication skills
· MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Visio), COMOS, Auto-CAD, E3
· Products knowledge of rotating equipment (Siemens Small Gas Turbines, Turbine driven units [compressors (centrifugal & reciprocating) / generators/pumps], Steam Turbines, Motor driven compressors.)
· Packaging experience of rotating equipment (Siemens Small Gas Turbines, Turbine driven units [compressors (centrifugal & reciprocating) / generators/pumps], Steam Turbines, Motor driven compressors.)
· Experience with process field devices like Flow, Level, Temperature, Pressure and Final Control devices like Control Valve.
· IPF and SIL study and SIL classification
· Able to perform programming and testing of various PLC systems like Rockwell, Siemens, Honeywell, Invensys TMR etc.
· Knowledge of HART, FF and PROFIBUS communication protocol
· TeamCenter, SAP
· Experience reviewing customer specifications, providing comments & exceptions, identifying solutions and providing costing & schedules
· Ability to travel to site and support installation & commissioning support
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Ahmedabad. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come. We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time