As a Platform Reliability Engineer for Siemens Mobility Customer Service, in compliance with all applicable regulations as well as industry standards and customer specification, you will
· analyze parts, components and systems to continuously improve their reliability
· integrate processes and results from other workflows and disciplines to develop and propose appropriate and effective solutions
· consistently demonstrate solid technical judgement and problem-solving competence
· provide in-depth technical and expert product and service support, locally and remotely
· develop, review and approve technical specifications for products and services
· oversee and engage in equipment commissioning
· manage sub-contractors and be accountable for delivery to scope, schedule and budget
· define, maintain and communicate key performance indicators
· create, maintain, analyze and continuously improve internal processes and equipment
· analyze data trends to mitigate risks and leverage opportunity
· Provide general guidance, train and support colleagues at all levels of the Siemens Mobility, Inc CS organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Electrical)
· Experienced Professional 5-8 years of experience (preferably in rail, mining or other heavy industry)
· General understanding of mechanical & electrical drawings, schematics and system architecture diagrams
· Effective technical communicator, both oral and written
· Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional and/or PM@Siemens, as well as Six Sigma certifications are considered a plus
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Project Management’s Institute PMP credential
· OSHA General Industry 30h Certification
· Formal Six Sigma training and/or credential
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .