· Southampton, United Kingdom
· Customer Services
The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock team are currently recruiting for Maintenance Technician for our Southampton Depot. This role will be required to undertake maintenance of the Depot Rolling Stock & Plant and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the depot. This role will be working on a day shift pattern.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will have an electrical and/or mechanical background and experience of maintenance and fault diagnosis. You don't have to have background in the rail industry as we will provide you with full training.
What are my Responsibilities?
· With minimal supervision undertake maintenance of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
· Assist other team members with the rolling stock maintenance in order to develop technical skills.
· Identify, order and collect spares and materials from stores.
· Drive rolling stock within the depot site limits, where necessary.
· When necessary carry out fueling, tanking and operation of Controlled Emission Toilet (CET).
· When necessary assist with cleaning of rolling stock.
· Apply train protection within the depot site.
· Carry out train overhaul activities (site specific).
· Carry out train preparation.
· Undertake any other duties as and when required.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
· Must have relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment.
· Qualifications in a relevant discipline that are NVQ level 3 or higher
· Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures.
· Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate.
· Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
· Knowledge of TACT, Equinox and the ability to use a computer.
· Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications.
· Some experience in basic fault finding.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
Closing Date: 02/08/2019
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 184516
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019