Building Automation/HVAC Controls Technician - Beltsville, MD
Our contributions sometimes aren't very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Field Building Automation Controls Specialist to work on semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative test, repairs and overhauls on Building Automation Systems. Are you ready to make history with us?
Do you enjoy spending time resolving complex problems? As a Controls Specialist, you will participate in responding to emergency and maintenance service calls, training customers on our automation products and services, performing maintenance on tools, testing equipment, and maintaining documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, and failures. We will provide structured training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company and our Specialist role. With your training, you will learn to assess the product/equipment performance and provide recommendations for modification or improvements. Performing technical service agreement tasks and scheduling assignments to ensure that the energy management systems is properly maintained and operating correctly are some significant responsibilities you will have. These tasks are a part of our emergency service calls and would be handled during the day and after hours.
Do you want to make an impact directly to the business? You will be in charge of making sure the system is running at optimal operation for our customers.
Are you wondering how you will know if you are doing things correctly? We will set you up with a mentor who will work with you. As you ramp up your knowledge and become adjusted with your new role, we will assign tasks to you that will allow you to work independently at job sites.
Many more exciting tasks await you. So, if bringing your creativity and eagerness to learn excites you, then don't delay, we'd love to hear from you today, so you too can become a Future Maker!
· Checking indicated point of trouble and analyzing full requirements of the system and checking/testing the system components.
· Diagnosing trouble or defects and establish corrective action and repairs for the system.
· Performing preventative maintenance and diagnostics on the building automation system and components according to the service agreement contracts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree in Engineering or related field. HS diploma or equivalent.
· Strong knowledge of automation systems, mechanical systems, electrical concepts, and building operations.
· Building automation industry engineering and programming background.
· Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
· Networking experience and proficient in Microsoft products and applications.
· Sequel server experience preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and internal/external customer relation skills.
· Valid State Driver's license in good standing.
· Minimum of 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Legally authorized for work in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Information Technology (IT) and/or technical background.
· Associate Degree or 2-year technical degree (Mechanical) or equivalent years of experience preferred.
· Integration experience with BACNET or MODBUS.
· Control vendor experience preferred i.e.: Siemens, Tridium, Johnson Controls or Honeywell.
· Knowledge of programmable logic controllers desired.
· Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .