Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Geospatial Utilities has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of Professional Services Consultant. The essential responsibility of the Professional Services Consultant is to ensure that for our Professional Services projects the Schneider Electric suite of software and solutions are designed, developed and deployed in an efficient and consistent manner minimizing cost and risk. The deployed solution must meet the end-user business requirements.
· Technical leadership responsibility for one or more concurrent projects that require custom software design and deployment. For each project to which he/she is assigned, the Professional Services Consultant should have a full understanding of implementation requirements and how multiple pieces of the implementation will fit together.
· Work with Project Managers to define the best technical approach to meet customer business requirements using one or more Schneider offerings.
· Lead project requirements gathering workshops and develop resulting documentation.
· Lead the design and documentation of proposed customer solutions based on defined requirements.
· Work directly with other groups within the Delivery organization to develop and validate proposed solutions and designs.
· Prepare project analysis, design, functional and interface specification documentation.
· Perform system, database, application, and network capacity planning for clients.
· Data model planning, data conversion, data migration design, planning and execution as well as all relevant ETL.
· Data migration design and consulting.
· processes on one or more concurrent projects.
· Configuration, test planning and test execution on one or more concurrent projects.
· Support the development and maintenance of group expertise of the utility business, workflows, and applicable technologies.
· Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or geography (or related field with computer emphasis), with 5+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development preferably in the Utility industry.
· The Professional Services Consultant will have clear knowledge and experience designing and implementing solutions for one or more utility domains
· Technical experience in implementation of utility engineering software solutions such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Outage Management Systems (OMS), SCADA, Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and/or Engineering Analysis (EA).
· Knowledge and experience with a strong compliment of the following: Windows 7, XP, 2003 and 2008 Operating Systems, UNIX, C++, C#, .NET, Perl, SQL, Networking, Diagnostic and Troubleshooting experience
· Proven capability in Software and System Development, System Integration, Documentation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and Service Processes
· Experience developing end-user applications and interfaces with an object oriented programming language, such as C# for both the desktop and web
· Experience with GIS solutions (ArcGIS, ArcFM, Smallword, Geodatabases, etc.) is highly desirable
· Experience integrating enterprise applications e.g. SAP, PeopleSoft, WMS, OMS, etc.
· Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman) is highly desirable
· Experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server preferred
· Experience working with electric, gas, water or wastewater utility companies
· Experience with architecting and designing infrastructure and operational support processes
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally about 50% of the time
Ideal candidate profile
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.