Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is responsible for the effective utilization of materials, equipment and systems in the assembly of moderately complex to very complex electro-mechanical products. This position customizes and installs Custom Bus into the Switchboard cabinetry. Customization of the bus include basic to moderately complex troubleshooting, measuring, fabricating and installing parts
RESPONSIBILITY (Equipment or Process, Material or Product, Safety of Others, Work of Others)
· Read and understand moderately complex to very complex blueprints, wiring diagrams,bill of materials, and schematics.
· Assembles medium sized to very large parts.
· Continuously lifts parts weighing up to 40 pounds, using alternative methods of lifting weight is beyond 40 pounds. (Includes overhead crane, lift devices, etc.)
· Utilizes a wide variety of hand tools, air tools, and measuring equipment.
· When discrepancies occur between bill of materials and drawings, utilizes independent judgement to determine course of action.
· Performs entire custom Bus operation of one job from start to finish.
· Responsible for own quality check.
· Utilizes computer system for clocking start and finish of job.
· Responsible for own product quality, proper measuring techniques, and tool use and care.
· Quarantines non-conforming product according to standards and determines the disposition of the product in question.
· Evaluates and performs basic troubleshooting, and obtains support from supervision, and engineering as needed.
· May periodically provide input to supervision, engineering, and quality groups relative to product improvement.
· Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
· Performs other tasks as may be requested to assure the effective and continuos utilization of assets.
Ideal candidate profile
This job might be for you if:
SKILL (Education, Experience, Initiative and Ingenuity):
· 3-5 years electro-mechanical assembly experience.
· Basic understanding of UL requirements.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints.
· Ability to work independently.
· Good understanding of basic shop math and measuring techniques.
· Expertise with basic hand tools, air tools, gages, torque wrenches, grinders and punch press equipment.
EFFORT (Physical Demand, Mental or Visual Demand)
· Must have excellent natural or corrected vision.
· Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
· Job cannot be performed alternating sitting and standing.
· Ability to perform continuous repetitive motions with hands and arms.
· Requires ability to reach overhead, pull, push, and climb a ladder to perform work.
· Requires great deal of independent thought process and judgement to analyze,troubleshoot and resolve assembly and bus problems.
JOB CONDITIONS (Working Conditions, Hazards)
· Safety shoes and safety glasses are required.
· Work is performed in a production environment in a manufacturing plant.
· Noise level is within normal and acceptable standards for environment.
· Proper use of various hand tools and cutting tools required.
· Weight of parts being assembled vary from a few pounds to 80+ pounds. It is very important the incumbent handle the equipment properly
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. Candidates considered within 50 mile radius.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.