Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is responsible for the effective utilization of materials, equipment and systems in the assembly of simple to moderately complex mechanical products. This position is responsible for the first operation of the Switchboard line and is responsible for taking raw material (sheet metal) and forming/assembling cabinetry.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Equipment or Process, Material or Product, Safety of Others, Work of Others)
· Read and understand simple to moderately complex blueprints, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and schematics.
· Assembles medium sized to very large parts.
· Takes raw material and builds the cabinetry unit structure.
· Performs basic to moderately complex troubleshooting, which may include quality issues, engineering issues or materials issues.
· Continuously lifts parts weighing up to 40 pounds, using alternative methods of lifting weight if beyond 40 pounds. (Includes overhead crane, lift devices, etc.)
· Utilizes a wide variety of hand tools, air tools, and measuring equipment.
· Utilizes computer system for clocking start and finish of job, pulling prints, pulling BOM's and job specifications.
· Responsible for own product quality, proper measuring techniques, and tool use and care.
· Evaluates and performs basic troubleshooting, and obtains support from supervision, and engineering as needed.
· Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
JOB CONDITIONS (Working Conditions, Hazards)
· Safety shoes and safety glasses are required.
· Work is performed in an Assembly line environment in a manufacturing plant.
· Noise level is within normal and acceptable standards for environment.
· Proper use of various hand tools and cutting tools required.
· Improper use of sheet metal handling can result in cuts and muscle strains.
Ideal candidate profile
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
SKILLS (Education, Experience, Initiative and Ingenuity):
· High School Education or GED required.
· Painter Experience (2+ years)
· Ability to read and understand blueprints and BOM's
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
· Experience with basic hand tools, air tools, gages and torque wrenches
· 1-2 years mechanical assembly experience.
· Experience with basic hand tools, air tools, gauges and torque wrenches.
· Prefer computer literacy.
EFFORT (Physical Demand, Mental or Visual Demand)
· Must have excellent natural or corrected vision.
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
· Job cannot be performed alternating sitting and standing.
· Ability to perform continuous repetitive motions with hands and arms.
· Requires ability to reach overhead, pull, push, and bend to perform work.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. Candidates within a 50 mile radius considered.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.