Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is responsible for the routine and advanced material handling responsibilities within a product line. Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels to ensure maximum productivity of workers.
RESPONSIBILITY (Equipment or Process, Material or Product, Safety of Others, Work of Others)
· Responsible for the continuous supply of materials to one or more production or assembly areas.
· Responsible for “kitting” materials on the production line to ensure all parts of order required are at point of origination to keep line moving at steady pace.
· Responsible for picking parts from Kanban or storage areas and placing the parts into a storage bin (kit).
· Ensures correct parts are kept in the appropriate quantities to support production and assembly requirements.
· May take parts from inventory area and ensures Water Spider is kept stocked at appropriate levels of inventory.
· Performs repetitive and advanced material supply functions following detailed work direction and guidelines.
· May operate forklift truck or hand truck for delivery or picking of parts and supplies.
· Sorts and counts parts and supplies and logs inventory.
· Inspects parts for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
· Expedites parts and uses independent judgement to resolve part shortages.
· May trace or track lost parts and supplies.
· Regularly interacts with production assemblers and testers.
· May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file kitter records.
· Document material movement using computer tablets.
· Responsible for rotating KB material FIFO
· Material audits, turning in and documenting KB cards for replenishment
· Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
· Document proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
· Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
· Performs other tasks as may be requested to assure the effective and continuous utilization of assets.
Ideal candidate profile
This job might be for you if:
SKILL (Education, Experience, Initiative and Ingenuity):
· High School Education or GED required.
· 3-5 years experience in material handling function.
· Ability to work independently.
· Uses independent judgement and initiative to resolve supply problems, consulting supervisor only when all options have been exhausted.
· May be required to have forklift certification.
· Must be able to read and understand blueprint/material drawings
· Basic computer knowledge required.
EFFORT (Physical Demand, Mental or Visual Demand)
· Job cannot be performed alternating sitting and standing.
· Requires ability to use hand and foot controls.
· Requires ability to reach overhead, lift up to 35 pounds , and be on feet for long hours, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
JOB CONDITIONS (Working Conditions, Hazards)
Safety shoes and safety glasses are required.
Work is performed in a manufacturing and assembly line environment.
Proper use of various lifting devices required.
Requires ability to reach overhead, pull, push, and climb a ladder to perform work.
If material handling equipment is not operated properly, injury could result to self or others.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. Candidates considered within 50 mile radius.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.