Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Position Summary: Maintenance technicians will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative. Predictive and routine maintenance tasks. They will Troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the safety policies, goals and objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as conveyors, compressors, and
· Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons,
contactors, motor starters, etc. as needed
· Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
· Test assigned equipment, after performing repair, to ensure that equipment is safe and
· Must be willing to work a changing shift schedule and on a rotating weekend on call list.
· Will be required to work mandatory OT daily, weekly, weekends, etc..
· Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, and the ability to learn how to
effectively use maintenance software to input data and research parts.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50#.
· Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations above 25 feet.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving
· The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
· The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
· The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
· The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Ideal candidate profile
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
Education and Experience. The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below.
Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certified Electrician
Have at least 3 years' experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical
· Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
· Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication.
· Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate is an asset.
· Good mathematical skills.
· Ability to communicate in English, verbally and written.
· Ability to relate and work well with others.
· Advanced electrical experience required.
· Must know how to size bend and install conduit.
· Able to size wire and install electrical circuits for new and existing equipment.
· Troubleshoot electrical power and control circuits, contactors, starters, relays, single phase and three phase motors and motor drives.
· Troubleshoot maintain and repair compressed air systems to include compressors.
· Basic to moderate welding skills required.
· Able to diagnose and troubleshoot automation and control systems in punch presses and press brakes.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain and repair electronic equipment.
· Basic to intermediate PLC knowledge.
· 5+ years of related experience or a technical certificate of completion or Associates degree in a related field.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. Candidates considered within a 50 mile radius.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.