Senior Research Associate
Synthorx has advanced a revolutionary technology that expands the genetic alphabet to drive the sitespecific
incorporation of multiple non-natural amino acids into proteins of any size, and to manufacture
these improved proteins at scale. This technology opens-up opportunities to make novel protein
therapeutics to previously difficult to drug targets. We are hiring a Research Associate to participate in
design, execution and analysis of LC, CE and ELISA based experiments in support of CMC activities.
· Perform LC based assays with minimal supervision and assist in assay optimization and
· technology transfer to CROs as needed.
· Execute experiments, conduct analysis, report results and document in accordance with internal
· and industry guidances.
· Participate in assay development and carry out protein-based assays (i.e. ELISA, CE Western
· Develop, maintain, and manage Standard Operation Protocols (SOPs).
· Initiate new methods and protocols to support analytical development of assays.
· Manage and maintain required reagents, laboratory environment, and equipment needed to carry
· out assignments.
· Prepare analytical reports and presentations for team meetings.
· Work closely with team leaders to manage priorities and reach goals and milestones.
· Collaborate with internal teams and provide support to different functional groups as needed.
· Maintain laboratory notebooks.
· BS degree, plus knowledge and skills acquired through a minimum of 8 years relevant industry
· experience or MS degree plus knowledge and skills acquired through 5 years relevant industry
· Ability to follow SOP’s and to perform testing in a highly accurate and reproducible manner.
· Minimum of 2 years’ of HPLC experience.
· Familiarity with peptide/protein assay development and optimization is a plus.
· Effective problem-solving/troubleshooting skills required.
· Familiarity with CE, ELISA and data analysis desired but not required.
· Familiarity with LC/MS and data analysis desired but not required.
· Committed to working in a collaborative manner but ability to work independently.
· Excellent organization skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
· Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
· Good oral and written communication skills a must.
· Ability to effectively and clearly explain results to other team members.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.