Executes and implements souring strategy for China as well as other assigned countries under the guidance of the Regional S&M Procurement Head and the Global Category Managers in a collaboration way. To support the assigned countries for category strategy roll out and provide S&M inputs required for the global/region/categories. Manages supplier relationships as needed. Ensures compliance and risk management is applied to souring initiatives and activities. Works with P2P to provide seamless source to value (end to end) approach for any subcategory of spend in S&M procurement. Escalates issues and market challenges within the procurement network and business partners internally.
· Manages all purchasing demand for China and all other assigned countries of a given business under S&M and ensures compliance to national contracts. This mission is aligned with the values, the ethical charter and the code of conduct of the Group.
· Ensures the good execution of any category sourcing plan in line with the country needs.
· Is accountable for optimizing purchasing of goods and services within defined spend families to meet the needs of internal customers, in compliance with the purchasing/sourcing orientations and company procedures, internal controls.
· Role may be adapted depending on the skill level regarding sourcing and supplier market knowledge.
· Scope is local/global and local may mean multi sites in same country and also may cover other countries.
· Ensures country-based business partner service levels are satisfied.
· Is handling specific country-base needs and is a facilitator for the purchasing function between stakeholders and global category managers.
· Providing Sourcing/Procurement support cross all sub-categories under R&D and Medial domains.
· Understands and evaluates country-based suppliers capabilities and establish business network
· Conduct selection of suppliers and monitor progress of outsourced activities in close collaboration with requestors including due diligence
· Conduct all Country-based S&M procurement activities supporting R&D and product development across Sanofi group
· Outsourcing requirements for specific areas (clinical services, regulatory & PV services and trial-based clinical ancillary suppliers)
· Trial logistic management (transportation, sample storage/shipping)
· In collaboration with Finance and legal, negotiate budgets, business terms and conditions
· Propose “Fit For Country” sourcing strategy when appropriate
· Build a strong procurement network to share best practices and lessons learned
· Proactive with global and country R&D teams and propose & implement country strategies when appropriate.
· Support Scientific teams (e.g. Discovery, Preclinical) to explore new opportunities for outsourcing services or access to rare and precious resources
· Ensure that the manufacturing site's and R&D Canter's purchasing needs are appropriately sourced and procured timely, in compliance with policies.
· Optimize supplier base & drive consolidation
· Apply supplier payment terms per company policy, whenever possible
· Maximise pre-sourced solutions including use of catalogues, marketplace, …
-Previous experience in a scientific or clinical role in R&D with operational experience and / or procurement or supply chain experience. At least 5 years
- BS/BA or international university degree required, MS/MBA, Ph.D., desirable but not mandatory fields
-Good written and verbal communication skills with successful presentation capabilities and negotiation skills
-Strong ethical behaviour
-Strong verbal and written ability with the English language
-Experience of working in a global team
-Experience with change management, a plus
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.