Synthorx has advanced a revolutionary technology that expands the genetic alphabet to drive the sitespecific incorporation of multiple non-natural amino acids into proteins of any size, and to manufacture these improved proteins at scale. This technology opens-up opportunities to make novel protein therapeutics to previously difficult to drug targets. We are hiring a motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with hands-on experience with microbial protein expression and protein purification. This candidate will contribute to the development of protein expression processes using Synthorx recombinant platform to support lead candidate selection, pre-clinical studies and technical transfer to external CMOs.
· Experience with E.coli and Pichia fermentation. Perform all steps of protein expression and scaleup under minimal supervision.
· Experience with fermentation equipment at bench scale required (1L to 10 L). Experience at pilot and industrial scale desirable.
· Contribute to downstream process development teams to ensure efficient integration of functions.
· Develop standard operating procedures, document protocols and technology transfer.
· Support internal lead discovery efforts and pre-clinical studies.
· Prepare and present project updates to ensure timely delivery.
· Maintain a high standard for quality control including up-to-date data records for all fermentations executed.
· Troubleshoot challenging technical, experimental, and instrumental issues.
· MSc or BSc and 5+ of hands-on experience with recombinant protein production.
· Experience with E. coli and Pichia-based recombinant expression including scale-up preparation employing fermentation instrumentation and protocols. Familiarity with DASGIP instrumentation is highly desirable.
· Working knowledge of microbial physiology and its impact on process optimization.
· Hands-on experience with protein purification including chromatography (column packing, resin screen) and TFF. Familiarity with AKTA instrumentation is highly desirable.
· Experience in protein characterization (SDS PAGE, Western Blotting, quantification).
· Experience with technical transfer to external CMOs.
· Effective communication and prioritization of activities to match dynamic timelines.
· Manages own time effectively.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.