As a member of our Research group in Frankfurt you will be part of an interdisciplinary team at the interface of chemistry, biology and engineering engaged in compound synthesis and biological testing. You will evaluate the coupling of micro- and nanoscale chemistry with integrated analysis and biological testing using innovative acoustic dispensing and mass spectrometry analysis to tremendously accelerate the design-make-test-analyse cycle in drug discovery.
Your task will be to identify suitable reactions that deliver chemotypes of interest for the envisioned workflow. You will also be responsible for the adaption of biochemical or cellular screening assays which allow you to test the biological activity of your molecules in a label free manner and the technical integration of a compound-to-data workflow.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· PhD in synthetic chemistry or chemical engineering or equivalent
· Profound knowledge in organic synthesis and library synthesis
· Strong affinity to automation / engineering and IT or willingness to learn in these fields
· Practical experience in mass-spectrometry (ESI-MS)
· Basic knowledge in biological assay technologies (enzymatic and cellular)
· Experience in handling sophisticated laboratory equipment
· Motivation, independence and problem solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Strong team player and interest to work in a highly interdisciplinary area
· Very good English language skills, knowledge of German language is a plus
· Publication(s) in peer reviewed journal in chemistry and/or biology
· Opportunity to make important contributions to a field at the forefront of early drug discovery research
· An international working environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize your ideas and innovations within a competent team
· A variety of techniques and opportunities in an interdisciplinary industrial as well as academic research setting to broaden your expertise
· An individual, well-structured training and a scientific mentor who will assist you with your development
· An attractive, market-oriented salary and social benefits aligned with your qualifications
· An opportunity to create your own career path and support of your professional and personal development
The duration of the Postdoc position is 24 months and is based in Frankfurt, Germany.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.