In our multidisciplinary research group we investigate structures of pharmacologically relevant targets, drug-target complexes and biopharmaceuticals. A position is open for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our team in Frankfurt (Germany) to study the complexes of antibodies with membrane-bound receptor targets. The main technique to be applied will be single-particle cryo electron microscopy. The successful candidate is able to work independently on the production and purifcation of targeted proteins and the preparation and characterization of cryo-EM samples and will be proficient on the complete workflow of cryo-EM structure determination. Knowledge and experience in related areas such protein crystallography and surface plasmon resonance spectroscopy are a plus, but not mandatory.
The candidate will be fully embedded in our project teams and will have access to state-of-the-art methods in an industrial environment.
· Ph.D. with a track record of publications in cryo-EM, structural biology and/or protein science and/or biophysics
· Expertise in protein expression and purification from bacterial and mammalian cells, including membrane proteins
· Practical experience in structural biology methods (preferred: single-particle cryoEM, alternatively: protein crystallography)
· Good understanding of the theoretical background of cryoEM and biophysical methods
· Good communication skills (incl. English language) and good team player
· Ability to work independently
· An international working environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize your ideas and innovations within a competent team
· A variety of techniques and opportunities in an interdisciplinary industrial as well as academic research setting to broaden your expertise
· An individual, well-structured training and a scientific mentor who will assist you with your development
· An attractive, market-oriented salary and social benefits aligned with your qualifications
· An opportunity to create your own career path and support of your professional and personal development
The duration of the Postdoc position is 24 months and is based in Frankfurt, Germany.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.