Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and rare diseases.
At our site in Frankfurt/Main we are looking for a creative and highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our Preclinical Safety Department as Quantitative Systems Toxicologist.
Within Preclinical Safety, our aim is to connect fundamental research and clinical research to facilitate the transfer of recent scientific discoveries to the care of patients. Here, you will be vital part of an interdisciplinary and cross-functional research team engaged in the application of novel computational methods to analyze, predict and optimize safety parameters of novel pharmaceutical drug candidates. The project will focus on leveraging mathematical modelling and simulation approaches to build computational system pharmacology/toxicology models such as cardiac electrophysiology, drug induced kidney disease, gastrointestinal toxicity, and drug induced liver injury models. You will collaborate globally with Preclinical Safety and Safety Pharmacology, Integrated Drug Discovery, Translational Informatics, and DMPK. Your work will influence internal guidance for the development of therapeutics and impact compound selection and progression. You will be encouraged to publish key findings.
· PhD in a relevant area, e.g. Systems Toxicology, Systems Pharmacology, Systems Biology, Biomedical or Biochemical Engineering, Computational Biology/Chemistry or equivalent fields related to quantitative mathematical modelling & simulation approaches
· Expertise and hands-on experience in quantitative systems modeling
· Data modelling and programming/scripting skills for the implementation of differential equation or other modeling approaches within R or Matlab
· Proficiency with modeling & simulation software such as Chaste or other
· Experience with Python, KNIME or Pipeline Pilot is a plus
· Curiosity and strong analytical skills to work in a highly interdisciplinary area
· Strong team player
· Excellent communication skills in English, knowledge of German is a plus
Our Offer :
· An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a highly competent team with international orientation.
· An attractive, market-oriented salary including social benefits
· Exposure to a variety of techniques and opportunity for applying novel methods in an industrial drug discovery and development setting.
· Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully, through supporting of scientific work, conferences attendance, student supervision, as appropriate.
The duration of the Postdoc position is 24 months and is based in Frankfurt, Germany.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.