About the Opportunity
As a Medical Advisor, you provide medical input (internally and externally) to current and prospective customers, users and distributors of Genzyme's products in the Netherlands. You support access to, and advise on the correct use of Genzyme's products in the Netherlands. Additionally, you handle medical enquiries from both internal and external sources.
With your therapeutic knowledge and sound knowledge of marketing in the pharmaceutical sector, you will contribute to the successful launch of Libtayo (Cemiplimab) in in Europe. Libtayo (Cemiplimab) is indicated for for the treatment of adult patients with metastatic or locally advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma who are not candidates for curative surgery or curative radiation. It's the first and only approved drug for this common skin cancer, which is especially difficult to treat in advanced stages.
You will function as the linchpin between the global organization on the one hand and local markets on the other hand. You have the responsibility to convey regional needs to the global organization as well as ensure local implementation of global strategies.
About Sanofi Genzyme
Sanofi Genzyme is the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi, focused on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology and rare blood disorders. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world.
Our ambition is to be the industry leader in specialty care. We currently provide more than 20 treatments to patients globally, with many potential new therapies being studied in clinical trials and in Sanofi laboratories.
· Supports external networking with physicians within relevant therapeutic areas including facilitating contact and collaboration with KOLs relating to scientific and medical issues;
· Provides medical review of clinical data and scientific documents;
· Facilitates the correct and optimal usage of designated product(s) for The Netherlands;
· Co-develops promotional materials and is responsible for the medical review and approval of these for the Dutch market;
· Is responsible for the management of medical enquiries concerning products designated for The Netherlands;
· Undertakes literature searches to understand latest research and build on scientific knowledge; translates this into medical marketing plans and shares the information with internal and external stakeholders;
· Gives clinical and scientific presentations and training to internal and external stakeholders
· Assesses the importance of study proposals from external customers and manages the appropriate follow up;
· Chairs advisory boards;
· Is responsible for local phase IV trial activities for designated products;
· Maintains an ongoing focus on industry trends regarding opportunities and challenges in the field;
· Provides medical guidance and support to the sales/marketing team and actively participates in developing marketing and product strategies for designated products.
· Master's degree in the Life Science area, Medical degree preferred;
· At least 5 years of relevant experience in a healthcare/pharmaceutical environment;
· Medical affinity and product knowledge is preferred;
· Experience with clinical studies is preferred;
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation and networking skills;
· Proficient in public speaking;
· Copes well with ambiguity and is flexible;
· Possesses integrity and self-awareness;
· Analytical whilst able to retain a broad perspective;
· Able to work well with and lead cross-functional teams;
· Ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrix environment;
· Analytical and forward thinker, results oriented, organized and a self-starter;
· Able to work independently as well as part of a team;
· Fluent in Dutch and English.
What Sanofi can offer you
· This roles offers the opportunity to work as part of a young and dynamic team offering international exposure;
· You will have the opportunity to work on a product launch;
· A generous package including flexible benefits;
· A healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we're not there to try to solve everybody's problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.