About the Opportunity
As a Medical Advisor Dermatology you will be responsible for contributing to and delivering elements of the medical affairs plan within Dermatology across the UK and Ireland under the leadership of the Medical Franchise Lead. The Dermatology product includes a fast growing, NICE approved drug with current and proposed multiple line extensions in Atopic Dermatitis and an opportunity to work with Early Access Schemes. The Dermatology unit works closely with the Respiratory/Immunology unit and together is the largest Medical team in Sanofi Genzyme UK.
About Sanofi Business Unit
Sanofi Genzyme benefits from small pharma attitude and agility alongside the large presence, influence and respect of Sanofi Global. Sanofi Genzyme are the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi, dedicated to high quality support of patients with rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, cancer and immune diseases.
· Medical input to the franchise team within their therapy area so that all activities are conducted to high standards consistent with current legal and ethical considerations and Corporate policy
· Implement elements of the therapy area Evidence Generation Programme to meet the local business, regulatory, access and ethical requirements
· Interacting with KOLs to deliver the therapy area medical affairs plan meeting KOL needs, compliance requirements and ethical considerations
· Supporting ethical compliance within the therapy area working collaboratively with compliance, transparency and other divisions
· Providing medical support to other functions as directed by the Medical Franchise lead in the aligned therapy teams where required e.g. patient engagements, HTA submissions
· To advise and support the Franchise Medical Lead and act as a delegate for the Franchise Medical Lead as needed
To excel in this role you will need to have:
· UK Registered and Licensed Medical Practitioner
· Minimum clinical experience of having completed Core Medical Training is required
· Working knowledge of Regulatory guidelines, Medicines Act and the Human Medicines Regulations, ABPI Code of Practice and standard operating procedures, and experience of their implementation within the business environment
· Working knowledge of medical affairs including clinical trial design, management, analysis and reporting, including GCP
· Preferred knowledge of specific products and related therapeutic areas, including key opinion leaders
· Knowledge of the structure of the NHS
It would be advantageous to have (not essential):
· Dermatology therapeutic area experience
· Undertaking Pharmaceutical Medicine Specialist Training
What Sanofi can offer you:
· A role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too
· We offer a generous package including flexible benefits, and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us
· The role is office based in Reading, Thames Valley Park
· This is a full time role and we support flexible working
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we're not there to try to solve everybody's problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we are live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.