The Float Patient Education Liaison (PEL) is a key X-LSD field-based member of the U.S. Rare Disease Care Connect commercial team. The Float PEL supports the patient-focused mission by providing disease, inheritance, product information and support to patients and families affected by genetic diseases for which Sanofi Genzyme provides a treatment option. The PEL also establishes and maintains strong working relationships with healthcare professionals (primarily the center coordinating genetic counselor or registered nurse). The PEL works collaboratively in a complex team environment with numerous internal cross-functional groups to help facilitate and optimize patient care.
The PEL will be assigned temporary territories to cover short and long term PEL absences.
· Provide PEL short and/or long term coverage for open/unfilled territories across the PEL organization
· Integrate and work in partnership with regional opti-teams and travel as-needed to provide patient education and support
· Provide seamless handoff with primary PELs to ensure continuity for patients and opti-teams during an extended absence
· Act as supplemental resource for primary PELs as requested. For example:
· Attend and assist with logistics of large patient meetings
· Provide coverage assistance to a challenging/high-need patients or families
· Alternatively, provide coverage for other needs/cases to allow primary PEL to address a high-need family/situation
· PELs with higher than average caseloads
· Identify and share PEL best practices through unique visibility across all regional opti-teams
· Lead special projects and/or represent PEL team in instances assigned by PEL management
· Builds strong internal relationships with colleagues in all cross-functional groups including, but not limited to Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Patient Advocacy, Care Coordination, Corporate Accounts and Science divisions
· Ensures full compliance with all corporate and industry policies and legal and regulatory requirements, for all regional commercial activities
· Must be able to travel extensively (50-70%) based on needs of territory/business
Qualifications and Required Skills:
· Senior Patient Education Liaison or higher at Sanofi Genzyme with a strong performance track record
· Demonstrated ability to work in matrixed environment
· Ability to work independently and lead special projects
· Be highly proficient with all PEL initiatives and required areas within the PEL role (i.e., databases and technology, etc.)
· Ability to understand and adapt to the nuances of different territories, and to work with a variety of individuals with different personalities and expectations
· Expected Travel: 50-75%
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.