· Job facts
The Support Scientist should be an individual who has a passion for customer service; is able to communicate effectively with other teams across the organization; and has a drive to develop new relationships and collaborations with key customers for the company's main product lines. The successful applicant will report to the Sample Prep Support Manager, located in Wilmington, MA.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide expert knowledge of products and applications to customers, with the goal of providing consultative scientific support, e.g. assisting with product selection, experimental design, workflow optimization, etc.
· Coordinate with Sales to provide accounts with the scientific and product support necessary to accelerate the sales process, increase success rates of product evaluation and provide continued post-sale technical support e.g. troubleshooting.
· Travel (25%) to work in the field with Sales Specialists to attend meetings with key customers; present seminars and technical presentations; provide on-site product training of NGS library preparation methods; and participate in regional conferences and table top shows.
· Develop customer-facing and internal training materials, seminars, quick guides and support tools in collaboration with the S&A Department and Marketing Managers.
· Participate in ongoing training of S&A Department including content generation and onboarding.
· Manage and investigate product complaints in a timely manner including communication to customer, discussion for initiation of 3rd line support project (when applicable) and proper documentation and report generation.
· B.S. or M.S. degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 2 – 3 years of relevant experience
· Advanced theoretical and practical understanding of PCR, qPCR, and next-generation sequencing
· Willingness to travel
· Customer-facing experience strongly preferred
· Excellent personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Who we are
As a global leader in healthcare, Roche Diagnostics offers a broad portfolio of products, tools and services that help in the prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases like HPV, HIV, hepatitis and diabetes as well as other medical conditions, such as fertility and blood coagulation. These products and services are used by researchers, physicians, patients, hospitals and laboratories worldwide to help improve people's lives.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.