· Job facts
· Working in a highly regulated cGMP manufacturing facility, performs a wide range of operations connected with the installation, maintenance, monitor, repair, alteration and removal of all types of mechanical and/or production equipment and machinery, and/or utility piping systems, and associated equipment. Assists with planning, development and layout of such operations. Assists in the inspection, testing, repairing and removal of chemical process equipment including instruments, electrical and /or mechanical components. Completes training requirements as defined in training plan. Provides complete written documentation of work including work orders, PM's, etc. ) and maintains cGMP records related to maintenance and repairs.
· May, but not limited to, operating clean utility production equipment including filters, softeners, reverse osmosis systems, deionization systems, stills, clean steam generators, pumps, controls, and distribution systems. Perform troubleshooting and repair of clean utility systems. Take periodic readings of quality control/information devices, analyzing data and identifying trends and taking corrective action accordingly. Operate CIP systems. Troubleshoot autoclaves, glass washers, dry heat ovens, and perform other process support functions.
· May, but not limited to, maintaining building electrical distribution systems, utility systems, and production equipment in a cGMP compliant manner and good working order under the direction of Supervisor. Demonstrate proven ability to run electrical conduit and wiring installations. Perform electrical troubleshooting and repair of circuits and devices, motors, switches, and other associated equipment. Operate switches at 4,160, 13,200V.and 34.5kv.
· May, but not limited to, performing refrigeration troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration circuits and compressors for cold storage boxes, freezers and cascade systems, etc. Work with all common refrigerants, reclaiming refrigerants and documenting refrigerant inventories, and documenting significant losses according to EPA requirements. Perform troubleshooting and repair of HVAC systems including fans, dampers, diffusers, filters, cooling and heating coils, control devices and valves.
HVAC SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs refrigeration troubleshooting, and repair of refrigeration circuits and compressors, for cold storage boxes, freezer and cascade systems, etc. Works with all common refrigerants. Reclaims refrigerants and documents refrigerant inventories. Documents significant losses according to EPA requirements.
· Performs troubleshooting and repair of HVAC systems including fans, dampers, diffusers, filters, cooling and heating coils, control devices and valves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent
Demonstrated thorough knowledge of general maintenance procedures
Must have pertinent experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Plumbing, pipe fitting, welding, electrical, refrigeration, HVAC, machinist, steam fitter, or boiler mechanic.
Technical/trade school specializing in electrical or mechanical systems
May require license in electrical, Black Seal HIgh Pressure, or certification in HVAC.
4 years as a Master Maintenance Mechanic or equivalent
3 years troubleshooting industrial mechanical systems and electrical systems
Experience working in a GMP, clean room environment.
6 years' work related experience
Are equivalencies acceptable?
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services, Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services > Facility & Technical Services
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.