· Job facts
We are looking for an exceptional Scientific Researcher / Senior Scientific Researcher to join the Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology (BCP) Department within Genentech's Research and Early Development (gRED). The candidate will be responsible for the optimization and execution of functional pharmacology assays especially utilizing stem cell-derived complex cellular or 3D organoid models by combining molecular biology techniques to support our protein therapeutic discovery programs for the selection and advancement of lead molecules.
The successful individual will be focused on implementing new stem cell-based in vitro cellular models to validate and execute medium and high-throughput biochemical and cell-based functional assays to identify and characterize drug candidate molecules. Besides, he/she will be expected to independently design, implement, troubleshoot, and contribute to the data analysis and present work to project teams. In addition, the individual will be expected to incorporate lab automation in his/her workflow and harness novel technologies in assay development.
The candidate will function as part of a multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with Antibody Engineering, Protein Chemistry, Therapeutic Areas, and Translational Research groups to advance the projects’ lead molecules.
· B.S. or M.S. degree in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology or closely related fields.
· At least 2 years (SR) or 6+ years of research experience in academia, biotechnology, or biopharmaceutical experience in the field of stem cell biology is preferred.
· Proven expertise in the design, development, validation, and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays.
· Experience with the mammalian cell culture and preferably culturing primary cells, ESCs, iPSCs, In-vitro differentiation of ESC/iPSCs and 3D organoids.
· Familiarity with cell biology techniques such as Immunofluorescence, tissue cryosections, high-content imaging, and image analysis.
· Experience with gene editing and cellular reprogramming will be plus.
· Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments, and also to collaborate well with project teams
· Record of achievement including publications that demonstrate expertise and knowledge.
· Precise documentation of SOPs and results.
· Excellent teamwork, oral/written communication, time management, analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
· A passion for science and good experiences with interdepartmental and/or external collaborations
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.