· Job facts
Conduct repetitive, predictive, condition based, reactive maintenance and troubleshooting of cGMP production equipment, clean utilities and plant utility systems. Assist with engineering and evaluation of existing and new equipment and processes. This is a Journeyman level position.
· Conduct general preventative maintenance according to SOPs/work instructions and perform planned and unplanned repairs as necessary.
· Conduct routine inspections and monitoring of equipment and systems and documenting systems operating parameters.
· Make appropriate adjustments or modifications within company and GMP guidelines and notify supervisor of any abnormal parameters.
· Lead and organize specialized maintenance and equipment projects. Includes research of methods and devices, assisting with implementation and documentation of change control.
· Provide general labor services throughout all areas maintained by the Maintenance department.
· Responsible for providing data to derive performance metrics for management that will be gathered on a daily basis for monthly reporting.
· Provide technical expertise and training to junior staff.
· Assist as technical SME with identification, purchase, and organization of spare parts.
· Successfully complete training and demonstrate an ability to perform equipment monitoring and operational checks on manufacturing and utilities equipment.
· Cleaning and organization of designated work areas in Manufacturing and Utilities.
· Complete GMP and other controlled documentation.
· Revise or modify existing SOP documentation as necessary and be expected to write new procedures for new equipment and other duties as assigned by management.
· Interact with Manufacturing, Instrumentation, Metrology and Engineering staff members as well as other internal/external customers.
· All employees with jobs that require access to the Warehouse must be able to pass the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Threat Assessment (STA).
· Follows established safety and environmental guidelines and procedures for all work performed. Immediately reports safety and environmental incidents including injuries, illnesses, near misses, and safety suggestions. Fosters a positive safety culture in which no one gets hurt.
Education and Experience
· High School graduate.
· 9 years general maintenance experience and minimum 5 years in a cGMP environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Good communication skills, both written and oral.
· Prompt, consistent and orderly work habits.
· Ability to read and interpret P&ID drawings
· Overall knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, refrigeration, steam, electrical systems, controls, and maintenance methods. Specializing in at least two.
· Extensive troubleshooting skills on various equipment and systems.
· Ability to work independently on complex and controversial issues.
· Ability to interact well with others in a team environment.
· Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
· Ability to learn and use Microsoft based platforms and/or company Intranet and e-mail.
· Ability to use computer software applications (MS Word/Excel).
· Ability to use Building Management Control System (BMCS) and Manufacturing Control System (MCS)
· Available to work overtime when necessary and work varying shifts, including an On-Call program.
General knowledge of shop tool operation and safety.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Safety Considerations
· Schedule may include a non-rotating 4-day (10 hour shift), one weekend day, evening or night hours, or full off-shift hours.
· Expected to be on feet for 8 to 10 hours a day.
· Climb upwards of 6 flights of stairs a day to maneuver within the manufacturing facility.
· Climb heights up to 30 feet by ladder.
· Lift up to 40lbs may be required.
· Environment requires that gowning in the form of hospital scrubs, bunny suits, gloves and steel toe boots be worn. Also, no make-up or jewelry can be worn when working in the clean room environment.
· Work in clean room environment with large mechanical equipment, piping, and pumps connecting to tanks serviced by high-pressure steam, water and air together this creates a loud environment.
· Work with electrical systems 480VAC and below
· Work with hazardous materials and chemicals.
· Work on pressurized gasses and liquids
· Work on cryogenic systems
· Work on steam systems
· Wear air purifying respirator and wear necessary hearing protection.
· Crawl, kneel and stoop and work in small work spaces.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Manufacturing, Manufacturing > Manufacturing Facilities & Engineering
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.