· Job facts
The Logistic Specialist must be able to work independently and under general supervision. General instructions required on routine work, and more detailed instructions and direct monitoring given on new lines of work or special projects.
Stay current in US trade laws and Customs regulations as well as in established Roche global standards.Primary interface and subject matter expert to internal customers and business partners, on operational matters concerning export from the United States.Execute day-to-day activities within established Roche/Genentech policies and procedures, ensuring company's goals, objectives and commitment to compliance are being are met. Including amongst others:
· Manage daily shipment requests and ensure all information is accurate and sufficient before passing to next step
· Assist customer on shipping related enquiries and provide consultation on trade compliance
· Provide oversight to daily shipment tracking and coordinates between stakeholders/LSPs to resolve pending issues.
· To choose the right combination of courier & service level for each sample shipment based on a comparison of costs / timelines / risks etc.
· To select the optimum transportation route for each shipment based on discussions with vendors
· Provide data analysis for transportation cost and LSP transit time performance
· To manage the relationships & communication with various couriers
· Ensuring performance comparison for various vendors based on service quality / costs
· Perform cause/remediation discrepancy assessments
· Support LSP management and contribute to carrier performance reviews
· Serve as operational escalation level for sites/functions and LSP
· Look for customer service improvement and cost saving opportunities
Support in packing activities when is assigned by manager, including amongst others:
· Pack R&D samples including hazardous materials and materials requires specific temperature
· Process international and domestics shipments including documentation and packaging of materials
· Receipt and dispense of samples, packaging components and office supplies coming to the shipping hub
· Operating material handling equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
· Train new employees and support in developing SOP and training materials for shipping hub
The Analyst will demonstrate strong knowledge of the logistics management and trade regulations specific to the types of exports expected from a research site and biotech manufacturer/distributor. The successful candidate will possess the following:
· BS or BA degree and at least 3 years in an import/export position or 1+ years with Masters
· Excellent customer service, communication, facilitation, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
· Solid knowledge of customs regulations and Export Control policies
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
· Strong track record of collaboration, relationship management and influencing skills
· Strong planning, organization, and time management skills. Must be detail oriented
· Ability to work independently; must be a self-starter
· Strong customer-focus including timely follow up and ability to prioritize responses
· IATA DG certification and good working knowledge of TSA is an advantage
· Strong operational knowledge required.
· Planning and organizational skills required
· Proficiency with computer system and Microsoft offices. Strong analytical skill is preferred.
· Knowledge or experience with warehouse and inventory systems and concepts
· Able to work off hours or weekends as needed
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Supply Chain, Supply Chain > Logistics
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.