Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 150 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Visit our [culture deck](https://jobs.netflix.com/culture) and [long-term view](https://www.netflixinvestor.com/ir-overview/long-term-view/default.aspx) to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team. We are looking for a tax professional to assist our Tax team with Studios related sales and property tax responsibilities. This person will be a tax liaison with the Production Finance Team and will be in charge of building a workflow/system to handle our growing needs. This position will reside in the company’s Hollywood based office and interact cross-functionally with the Production Finance, IT, and Tax teams.
· Multi-jurisdiction sales tax experience and Accounting smarts - we’d like you to have 2+ years’ experience with UCAN indirect tax, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows.
· Understanding of Canadian GST/QST/PST filings and the overall Input Tax Credit and Input Tax Refunds process ideal.
· Relationship builder: Ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
· Enthusiasm and quick learning - ability to evaluate and improve systems. We are looking for someone to learn the existing process, but then build/challenge it to better scale with the volume of our growth.
· Curiosity and passion - our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture .
· Industry experience in a studio environment a plus, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position and eager to learn quickly.
· Property tax knowledge a plus!
· ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus.
· Tax systems experience – experience with Vertex, Taxware, or OneSource systems is a plus.