With over 150 Million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix around the globe to virtually all countries and we’re excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers around the globe. Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the development and production of Netflix's original, scripted series. The successful candidate will work with the company's Original Content team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements necessary to develop and produce the company's scripted series and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts. The Original Content team is behind a variety of engaging and award-winning scripted programming such as Stranger Things. This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of television. The production legal team at Netflix is small and focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation. REQUIREMENTS The successful candidate will have at least eight (8) years of development and production legal experience in television, with direct experience drafting all forms of rights acquisition and production agreements for scripted series. The ideal candidate will have a strong production background, plus a thorough understanding of television distribution (including digital distribution). Experience providing in-house support and managing outside counsel is strongly preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
· Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
· Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
· J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.