· Fundamentals of Accounting- We'd like you to have 3+ years of accounting experience under your belt backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred but not required.
· Attention to detail + love for data - We pride ourselves on producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
· Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems. Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful, but we understand you probably have never done content accounting. That's OK with us because we'll teach you as long as you're excited about learning.
· Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
· Collaborate inclusively - Partner with team members and authentically recognize, understand, and appreciate differences, and connect across these differences by being mutually adaptive.
· Industry experience is not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position, have a strong accounting background and capable of learning quickly.
· Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
· You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view .