Internship – Nestlé Purina EMENA: Data Analyst Intern
Ready for a challenging and rewarding internship in one of the world´s leading FMCG companies? This is your opportunity to work hands on and unleash your skills to move our business forward!
With approx. 339,000 employees worldwide and operations in 197 countries, Nestlé is a truly multi-cultural and cross-disciplinary company. Our strong culture, values and principles, all based on respect, unite us worldwide.
Nestlé Purina, our petcare nutrition division, is one of the top players in pet nutrition. Our goal is to improve the lives of pets and the people who love them, everywhere and every day. We work to make our products more tasty and healthy, taking care of pets and their families and providing digital brand experiences that enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them.
In this context, we have opened the “Purina Studios”, our Digital & Corporate Communication European Hub in Barcelona, and we are looking for the best talents to join us in this exciting journey, do you think you're up to it?
At Nestlé Purina, we value a real work ethic, integrity and honesty, in line with our corporate values. We promote a good level of interpersonal relationship that is reflected in our many personal relationships based on trust and respect.
We appreciate the enthusiasm of the candidates and their initiative to implement projects and their ability/willingness to take risks.
To grow our Purina Studios team in Barcelona, we are looking for a Corporate Communications Intern.
Description of Internship:
As part of the Personalized Customer Experience team at Nestlé Purina EMENA, the Data Analyst intern will be assisting the team on a large variety of projects including but not limited to data collection, data mining and data cleansing to enable PCE strategy at scale, helping the business to outline and understand trends to take the relevant decisions and doing so, interacting with the local and central stakeholders on a regular basis. The scope covers more than 16 different brands across 34 countries (EMENA region).
During the internship the Data analyst Intern will help and be hands-on in completing on-demand tasks related to Data Processing and Reporting/Business Intelligence. A big part of the required daily duties are to communicate clearly with several stakeholders such as technical teams, central marketing teams and local brand managers.
This internship will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to liaise and interact with more than 34 different countries in the EMENA region and to be able to build a solid network of a broad variety of contacts across the Nestle Purina business portfolio.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
We are looking for a multi-talented enthusiastic data-ninja-to-be with a strong bias towards agile-and-quick thinking and ability to rise to the challenge.
The ideal candidate would be an excellent communicator, a multi tasker and always willing to help and assist where it is required.
Must be a team player, bring lots of enthusiasm, have a positive outlook, and be very eager to learn.
· BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
· Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated problems with data
· MS Excel, Access and Google Analytics Knowledgeable
· Proficient in English mandatory, Other European language a plus
· Strong communication skills and business acumen
· Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and very eager to learn
· Must be able to work well within a team, as well as being able to work independently
· Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects and responsibilities at the same time
· Available to work on Monday and Friday, 40h/week in our Purina Studios office in Esplugues (Barcelona)
What could you expect from this experience ?
During your internship, you will become an integral member of the Purina Studios team of 20 Digital multi-national professionals. You will be provided with this highly regarded opportunity and have the advantage to be able to see and learn first-hand how the Digital Operations department operates within one of the biggest companies in the world and how the company websites are managed.
You will learn about new and existing website builds, website migrations and will work closely with a high variety of stakeholders across more than 16 brands in 34 different EMENA markets. You will learn about digital strategy, increase your communication and trouble shooting skills, and learn how to work efficiently in a high-paced working environment.
You will be able to build valuable skills, which will benefit and contribute to your professional working career.
· An agreement letter from your University or Business School.
· EU nationality or NIE (identification number for foreigners)
· Residence: temporary or permanent in Barcelona
· Goodl PowerPoint, Excel, Word skills
· English Fluent/Proficiency – both written and verbal. Other languages welcome.
Period of internship:
· 6 months starting on June/July
· Full time (Monday to Friday from 9 to 6pm)
• Scholarship 790 € / month
• Grant canteen
• Access to supermarket Nestle (30% to 50% off)
• Insurance with Zurich during the traineeship