Big Data Engineer
Our IT R&D application team is currently seeking Big data Engineer position located in Shanghai, China. This role will work collaboratively with our internal project development team, business facing IT team and business data team, as a core member of project team to bring big data and ETL capabilities into R&D related big data / AI and scientific related analytic application delivery and sustain operation to support global and China.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Contribute to the core design of data architecture, data models and schemas, and implementation.
• Design, build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources, including external APIs, data streams, and data stores.
• Design, create and maintain the foundation for ingesting data providing frameworks and services for operating on that data.
• Design, create and maintain the foundation for real-time streaming analytics, big data analytics capabilities.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing foundation for greater scalability, etc.
• Work with stakeholders including the business facing, and business data teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data foundation needs.
• Work with security to implement data privacy and data security requirements to ensure solutions stay compliant to security standards and frameworks.
• Manage database governance, support team to improve database management, database related issue troubleshooting and provide technology solution accordingly.
• Contribute to a culture of teamwork.
Who you are:
• Bachelor degree and above in computer science or equivalent relevant experience.
• 8+ years industry experiences required.
Experience and Skills:
• Proficient with ANSI SQL relational database (Oracle, SQL server, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
• Proficient with NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra).
• Proficient on ETL development standard, data modeling and schema design, data governance, meta data design, OLAP related analytic capability.
• Proficient on SQL optimization, performance turning to handle big data, strong capability on storage procedure and ETL related opensource technology and tools.
• Proficient on Python on data pre-processing, using python to process with different data source (text, csv, excel, webpage, etc)
• Experience with Java programming is a plus.
• Passion and aspire to learn new skills and strong self-learning capability.
• Agile mindset and good team work spirit.
• Good English reading and writing Below big data related experience is a plus.
• Experience with a variety of big data frameworks and tools (Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig).
• Spark, working in RDDs and DataFrames/Datasets API (with emphasis on DataFrames) to query and perform data manipulation
• Spark Structured Streaming
• Experience building large scale Spark applications, ideally with either Batch processing and/or Streaming processing
• Experience in SparkSQL
• Experience with Micro services, containerized (Docker, ECS) or serverless (Lambda) deployment
Functional Area: Information Technology
Job Requisition ID: 202163
Location: Shanghai - all
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Database, Oracle, Computer Science, SQL, Java, Technology