A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Shift Lead - Warehouse
Segment / Business Unit
Mars Wrigley Confectionary
Country / Site
USA - TNN
The Shift Lead is responsible for the daily guidance of the warehouse team and accountable for safety, quality, engagement, development, and operating results for their respective shift. Shift leads give clear and accurate reports to the Line Leader or other supervisors. They have thorough technical understanding and mastery of TPM/Manufacturing 2.0 and process control for their shift.
The Shift Lead is responsible for performing all duties while adhering to The Five (5) Principles of Mars at all times. Responsibilities of the incumbent include, but are not limited to the following:
- Owning the Daily Safety Trigger System, Centerline, CIL, Anomaly, and 5S DMS's for their shift
- Effectively facilitating team shift connection points and coordinates communications within and across warehouse and production lines
- Managing daily Associate performance and functions of the Warehouse, to include metrics and problem solving
- Escalating any potential disciplinary actions of associates and assisting Line Leads with quarterly or monthly MBO discussions with assigned Associates
Job Specifications /Qualifications
Education & Professional Qualifications
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred: Two-year associates or Technical degree
Knowledge / Experience
We are looking for candidates who are top performers in their current positions and have skills/experience that would support these activities. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading change and situational leadership
- Clear ability to relate to and motivate people and effectively train
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forklift experience or able to complete forklift training to become certified
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP
- Frequent lifting / carrying (10-50 lbs.)
- Frequent pushing / pulling *(50-100 lbs)
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Frequent handling / gripping (parts, tools, etc.)
- Frequent standing
- Frequent walking
- Frequent stair climbing
- Frequent Typing
Key Mars Leadership Competencies (4-6)
Conflict Management, Drive for Results, Developing Direct Reports & Others, and Decision Quality
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chattanooga
Job Segment: ERP, Manager, SAP, Technology, Management