A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Chemical Process Operator performs all the operating functions in the production departments. Has a strong background in all areas and is capable of training new associates when necessary. The position holder performs various jobs in the factory consistent with the physical demands and skill level of the position.
· Produce blended flavors and flavor components in compliance with governmental, regulatory, company and customer standards.
· To comply with NFI’s Safety Policy and maintains a safe and healthy work environment that meets or exceeds governmental, regulatory, company and customer standards
· To comply with NFI’s Quality Policy for delivering 100% safe products to our customers.
· To load trucks and containers with NFI finished flavors and components in compliance with governmental, regulatory, company and customer standards.
· Ensure the accurate and timely completion of batch tickets, production orders, HACCP forms and SAP transactions
· Inspect all outgoing containers for compliance with FDA, GMP, HACCP, customer and company specifications.
· To unload trucks and tankers of flavor components in compliance with governmental, regulatory, company and customer standards.
· Ensure the accurate and timely completion of shipping and receiving documentation and SAP transactions
· Frequent lifting, carrying and handling of materials, tools and ingredients. (5 – 55 lbs.)
· Frequent standing, walking, gripping and reaching
· Occasional sitting, bending, twisting and climbing stairs.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Excellent reading and writing skills in English
· Excellent math skills for weights and measures of ingredients
· Certified operating a fork lift.
· 5-8 years confectionary/food industry flavor blending experience
· Basic Microsoft Office computer skills and SAP computer skills
· Intermediate problem solving skills
· To comply with OSHA, GMP, FDA, DOT, FAA and EPA regulations while working in the shipping and receiving department.
· To comply with OSHA, GMP, HACCP, FDA, DOT and EPA regulations while working in the production operations
· 5-8 years confectionary/food indusry flavor blending experience
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Aurora
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology