Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
A Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the development and execution of the hotel social media strategies for the hotels to which they are assigned. They work closely with hotel leadership, the account management team, and the social media knowledge expert to identify opportunities where social media can help accomplish a hotel's business objectives and create plans to activate on those opportunities. The cluster social media coordinator works to stay up to date on relevant social media trends, learns content creation best practices, thinks creatively, and knows how to measure their own performance. Candidates should be highly motivated, disciplined, innovative, able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders effectively and professionally, and able to work without constant supervision.
· Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years' experience in social media required
· Excellent communication skills, including writing skills, with great attention to detail
· Leadership qualities are a must (self-starter)
· Must be a team player and collaborate well with multiple stakeholders
· Must be fully proficient in written and spoken English and Spanish
· Skills in photography/videography, basic graphic design, basic video editing, and copywriting
· Manage day to day social media activities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, and/or other social channels for assigned hotels
· Develop social media strategies for assigned hotels, including identification of key business needs, target audiences, and messages, and creation of social media tactics to meet hotel's needs
· Create monthly content calendars based on those strategies and manage the scheduling of content, troubleshooting, and publishing to all social media channels.
· Generate original content, including capturing photographs, writing copy, and performing basic graphic design and creative functions (e.g. simple video editing, creation of gifs, etc.)
· Moderate assigned social pages and perform customer-service functions per company and industry best practices and standards
· Ensure adherence to all brand, regional, company, and platform guidelines, policies, and procedures
· Coordinate regularly with account management, hotel social media champions and leadership, and social media knowledge experts to ensure alignment of strategy and adherence to best practices.
· Address concerns, answer questions, and educate hotel stakeholders about social media strategy.
· Measure progress, interpret results, and report on social media KPIs. Make strategy recommendations/adjustments based on report findings
· Create amplification plans for content with brand and regional teams
· Stay up-to-date on industry and platform trends and best practices
· Create social media ads on multiple social platforms, including the development of creative and copy, trafficking ads, measuring performance and ROI, and reporting on results.
· Use social media listening tools to identify trends, surprise and delight guests, engage with guests, source UGC, perform service recovery, and more.
· Be proficient in platforms such as Sprinklr, Hyp3r, Facebook Business Manager, Slack, and others.
· Collaborate with region social media leadership and brand social media leadership on opportunities for hotels and markets to receive additional amplification. Partner with BMD marketing teams on the development of strategies for events or campaigns in assigned markets.
· Reports to Social Media Manager (Shared Service).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.