Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Enter and locate work-related information using computers and purchasing system. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print, mail, PDF). Transmit information or documents using a computer, mail. Exchange information with other Purchasing employees using electronic devices. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language, prepare and review written documents accurately and completely, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and Hotels, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Manager.
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Policies and Procedures
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Follow up Purchasing Policy manual in place as well as Ethic Practices
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the Manager.
· Anticipate co-workers and Hotels service needs.
· Address co-workers needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Speak to co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
· Collaborate with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
· Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or phone calls
· Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print PPT, Excel files, etc.).
· Transmit information or documents, using a computer and Purchasing System.
Tasks with Purchasing System Property Management (CMS)
· Creating a new product at Central Purchasing
· Creating a new vendor at Central Purchasing
· Data synchronization: Location, Accounting, Budget codes, Rates, Categories, Route builder, Projects Units conversion, Vendor performance
· Purchasing: Quotation center, Product quotes, New quotation, Import quotation, Purchase order center, Purchase order inquiry, Contracts.
· Recipes: Recipe center, Allergens
· Reports: Report center, property reports, purchasing reports. Management and archives. Administration
· Vendor performance, Quality Control audit, Prices benchmarking