Description de l'offre
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
To create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
To help in all matters relating to customer credit and timely collection of outstanding debts. To ensure invoices are checked accurately and posted to the right customer account promptly. To report to the Finance Supervisor unfavorable information that may affect customer's credit status.
· To ensure the accuracy of all charges and credits posted to the individual accounts and verify the accuracy of balances of Accounts Receivable.
· To send invoices/folios promptly and follow up letters on a timely basis.
· To ensure that all transfers to City Ledger agrees with control accounts.
· To reconcile Accounts Receivable trial balance with the General Ledger control accounts each day and to ensure accurate ageing.
· Verify all credit cards billing against the daily business report and prepare credit card conciliation sheets.
· To help in following up on collection of outstanding accounts in a manner that will yield the best timely results while maintaining good relations with the customer.
· To help in following up on collection of; Returned checks; Credit card Charge backs; Skipper Accounts; Late Charges; Guaranteed No-shows.
· To help in maintaining ongoing detailed documentation of all collection efforts by account for future analysis of a customer's credit worthiness and to serve as support in the event of bad debt write-off.
· To train all involved employees such as front Office Clerks and Food & Beverage waiter/Cashiers to ensure continued adherence to established credit procedures.
· To answer clients' queries relative to invoices promptly, professionally and courteously.
· Handle all special promotions according to standard.
· To verify and control Wash bill invoices on Marriott rewards points.
· Check that all invoices have the correct name and address as per reservation confirmation
· Ensure that proper back-up is attached and corresponds to the charges
· Ensure that invoicing is according to signed and valid contracts
· Send account statements to the customers on a monthly basis
· Prepare check requests to refund overpayments, duplicate payments, credit balances.
· Prepare credit card commission accrual
· Prepare TTOO/Agency commission for month end.
· Prepare and documents room's attrition for month end.
· To prepare monthly credit meeting and days credit sales outstanding reports.
· Assisting the office with general day to day guest & internal queries.
· Participating in 15 minute training sessions, departmental meetings and any other selected committees.
· Perform any other duty requested or assigned by DOF or Assistant DOF
· To ensure compliance with Control self-assessment (CSAT) and International Risk assessment summary (ISRA).
· Make recommendations to improve, enhance, or streamline work processes
· Make recommendations to improve or enhance existing Local Standard Operating Procedures
· Train new employees and managers (when necessary) on the hotels policies and procedures.
· Assist fellow employees at times when help is required or when work level is low.
· Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress/uniforms, and hygiene.
· Communicate with all departmental managers and employees in a professional and supportive manner.
· Maintain a positive attitude to work duties and colleagues at all times.
· Maintain a flexible approach and attitude to work and work hours.
· Participate in any relevant training courses offered or that are mandatory.
· Cross train in other accounting functions and provide cover in other positions during times of absence.
· Always strive to improve “job” knowledge.
· Keep work areas clean and tidy at all times.
· Follow the ISOP, LSOP and PCI standards for Credit Card processing.
· Deal with client queries both written and by telephone in a professional, timely and prompt manner. Plan to answer client queries on a same day basis whenever possible.
· Ensure guest satisfaction by performing such duties as attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently, and accepting changes or additions in work hours that are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests and patrons.
· Advise the Assistant DOF or DOF of any recurring difficulties and of discrepancies and investigate those differences.
· Assisting Assistant DOF with any such necessary month-end processes.
· Lead the hotel effort with internal controls and CSAT Audit process. Ensure supporting evidence is provided with audit to support checks, and detailed action plans produced for weaknesses where necessary.
· Participate in Weekly General Cashier Float check schedule by surprise auditing General Cashier Float in allotted week.
· Participate in Monthly Cash Float checks schedule by surprise auditing one allotted department float within month as per schedule.
· Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Assistant DOF or DOF.
If you have passion for finance, more than 2 years' experience in similar role in a luxury hotel, you are used to and enjoy working in a dynamic fast pace environment, you speak fluent English and Spanish or Catalan, you love the luxury lifestyle sector, you pursue excellence, you are a results oriented individual, you like to be surrounded by authenticity and sophistication and you are enthusiastic about developing an extraordinary department, this job has been created for you!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.