L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science . In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world . Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
L’Oréal's R&I Microbiology department provides support during development of all microbiologically susceptible formulations, to assure microbiological integrity and safety of your favorite L’Oréal brands! This includes but is not limited to: products preservation, experiments supporting skin microbiome studies, microbiological quality of the raw materials and filled units, sanitization procedures.
As a Microbiologist, you are responsible for performing microbiological testing of various cosmetic formulations, assisting during skin microbiome experiments, investigating and proposing new/innovative testing methods while overseeing a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
· Perform preservative efficacy testing
· As needed, assist senior staff in performing other tests
· Be responsible for the accurate recording of the results and timely reporting them to the supervisor
· Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in identifying, proposing and applying solutions to issues
· Participate in writing/revising SOPs, and Work Instructions
· Assure use of the current internal test methodology
· As needed, assist in innovation projects
· Actively search and participate in available, relevant technical training
· BS in microbiology, biology or related field with 2-5 yrs. experience in cosmetics or, Master’s degree with 1-3 yrs. of experience
· Strong laboratory skills, experience with aseptic technique, media and test methods
· Experience in molecular biology procedures (PCR, Nucleic acids extraction)
· Good understanding of GMP and cosmetic GMP
· Strong analytical, problem solving, reporting and documenting skills with attention to detail
· Knowledge of compendia and other relevant methods/standards/guidelines including: USP, PCPC, ISO
· Able to interact and collaborate successfully with all levels of personnel within R&I and with other divisions and departments
· Well organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while meeting established deadlines
· Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills
And how is it like to work at L'Oréal ?
- Feel free to sit down with Karl, Product Development Engineer for L’Oréal Professionnel
- You might want to discover Guive's amazing career path, and his role today as leader of our Tech Incubator.
- Finally, find out what motivates Gauthier, Regulatory Affairs Manager, to give his best everyday at work .