Kuehne-Nagel will manage a dedicated facility in Stoughton, MA on behalf of a major Online Retailer. The operation will unload, sort and reload customer shipments for final mile delivery. The site will operate 24/7 and will staff over 250+ positions. The environment will be fast paced with an emphasis on safety and teamwork to achieve customers performance and quality goals.
The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
• Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
• Orderly stacking of product.
• Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
• Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
• Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
• Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
• Maintain product locator system. Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
• Rotate product as appropriate.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
• Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards.
• Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
• Must be familiar with international shipping and documentation
Your Skills and Experiences
• Must have three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role
• Experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control
• Successful communication - written and verbal • Establish priorities and multi-task
• Possess professional business demeanor
• Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-09-24T00:00:00.000Z