We have a great opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join our team in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis.
Your role will be to act as a single point of contact for all IT related issues and requests. You will be supporting internal stakeholders, providing them with an efficient and professional service within the agreed service levels and business priorities. These customer requests could include resolving issues and change requests at first point of contact by telephone, email and face-to-face and you'll channel requests where necessary to appropriate resolver groups for resolution, monitoring progress, and keeping customers informed of progress.
· Receive and accurately log IT Service issues and requests from users, ensuring all are responded in a timely manner within the agreed procedures and service level targets.
· Act as single point of contact for IT Service issues and requests, liaising with resolving support teams and third party suppliers where necessary.
· Follow agreed procedures and processes to respond to issues and requests for assistance, by using appropriate tools and IT technical knowledge to help resolve the user’s problem in accordance with agreed targets and performance; keep users informed of progress on incidents and change requests logged, and maintain the call log of actions taken.
· Using agreed escalation procedures, progress unresolved calls and as appropriate escalate with resolving teams where target services times have been breached.
· Accountable for a high standard of customer service in line with performance targets defined for the IT Service Desk.
· Ensure all incident and change request calls are closed in agreement with the customer and that a satisfactory solution has been provided, in accordance with performance and targets to help maintain and enhance customer satisfaction.
· Maintain accurate information within the Service Management tool (TOPdesk) of calls to provide accurate management reporting of performance statistics.
· Maintain product knowledge and technical skills and learn about new products as required.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Demonstrable experience of working within a service desk and customer service environment; excellent verbal and written communication skills are key in this role as is a strong customer focus when taking actions and making decisions.
· This is a support role where an understanding of customer care within an IT environment is important.
· Experience of supporting and using Windows desktop operating systems, administration of Microsoft active directory and of supporting Microsoft Desktop applications such as Office and Outlook.
· Knowledge of desktop hardware, components and peripherals, Windows XP/7 operating systems and AS400 systems and applications. Sound knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications is critical.
· If you have experience of working to agreed timescales and targets that would be ideal, as would experience of prioritising customer requests and dealing with escalation processes.
· You'll also be a team worker, able to plan and schedule your workload and will have a great telephone manner with good interpersonal skills.
· With excellent attention to detail you'll ensure nothing is missed; you'll also be able to clearly articulate technical issues to customers in a way that they will understand and will be able to analyse information to resolve problems effectively.
· This role requires shift working Monday to Friday: 7-3pm, 8-4pm, 9-5pm and 2-10pm. You might also need to work the occasional Bank Holiday.
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-08-15T00:00:00.000Z