Our KN branch in Toronto (Mississauga) is in search for an experienced customer service representative to join the Operational Care team for their Customs business unit!
The Operational Customer Care Representative's main responsibility will be the day to day ownership and management of accounts within their assigned group. This will include but will not be limited to the review and transmission of customer documents and billing finalization.
- Ensure all Customs declarations are compliant with applicable government regulations.
- Liaise with clients, freight forwarders and other agents to ensure an efficient and smooth transaction.
- Identify and prepare required commercial data, documents, and/or rulings.
- Determine and/or verify harmonized tariff classifications and valuation.
- Work closely with clients to answer questions related to shipments, offer suggestions/options, and support them in submitting declarations in a timely manner.
- Maintain working knowledge of both current and pending Customs and other agency regulations and policies.
- Alert and work closely with clients or prospects on new compliance or regulatory issues.
- Nurture strong client relationships
- File break/down, classifying data entry, photocopying, scanning and some assembling of entries.
- Auditing commercial documents, applying harmonized tariff schedule code for accurate duty assessment and to ensure all federal requirements are met.
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
- Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
- Position may require a weekend schedule on a department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of the account.
- Ensure all Across, Cadex and CW warnings are actioned in a timely Manner
- Read and follow client notes, SOP as well as any and all updates necessary to process in a timely and compliant manner.
- Make the CCR aware of any occurrences that may prevent the compliant release of any goods.
- All other task as assigned by supervisor and or manager.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Certified Customs Specialist certified or grandfathered from original CSCB certification program with a minimum 10 years of direct Canadian Customs Tariff classification experience.
- Excellent grasp of tariff classification, OGD requirements, permits, amendments, NAFTAs, etc.
- Capable of researching products online and asking clients pertinent questions for accurate classifications.
- Knowledge of Windows programs and a good understanding and experience with general internet navigation.
- Experience with all modes of transport, air, truck, rail and ocean.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work effectively while under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of meeting goals with little supervision.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-09-03T00:00:00.000Z