Our Global Service Desk department in Tallinn is looking for IT Support Engineer to join the Sea Freight 2nd level technical support team.
Are you someone looking to advance your career in IT? This opportunity offers you a solid foundation of IT skills and experience to prepare yourself for future advancement opportunities in IT. Come and join our Global Service Desk team!
· Administration and 2nd level support of corporate Sea Freight applications
· System and process monitoring
· Incident and problem handling in complex and distributed application environment
· Solving reported and pro-actively found issues using support functions available within the supported systems / applications
· Detailed error analysis throughout the application landscape, identifying and categorizing issues to provide a root cause analysis, developing workarounds for business users until upcoming releases or emergency patches
· Ticket ownership, ensuring timely response, follow-up and communication with any involved party in order to find a quick solution to the problem
· Documenting and extending of knowledge base; ensuring Know-How transfer within the application support teams
· Team coverage is 12/5 from 08:00 to 20:00 with potential team expansion to 24/7. Therefore availability to cover night shifts is required at least for some nights per month.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Professional education or degree in IT, or equivalent work experience
· Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving competencies
· Target-oriented team player with good communication skills
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge level of SQL and relational databases
· Knowledge of any Object Oriented Programming methodologies (preferably Java)
· Experience with Unix/Linux command line
· Stack trace and application log reading/analyzing expertize (ELK Stack, KIBANA) as well as knowledge of PLSQ, Bash/Shell scripting, XML, Regular Expressions and Software testing would be a big plus
· Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
Good Reasons to Join
Your work will have a direct influence on the future of logistics and IT. We value teamwork, continuous learning and diversity, our working language is English. Your colleagues are experts who shape the IT industry in Estonia and worldwide. We are located in Tallinn, Estonia – the most digitalized place on Earth. Kuehne + Nagel opened its Corporate IT Center in Tallinn August 2012, located in new Technopolis district of Ülemiste City. Up to today we are more than 400 IT professionals and are still looking for new bright minds.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-10-22T00:00:00.000Z