We are looking for a leader to join our team in Aurora, IL!
The Inventory Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
• Direct and/or supervise all associates handling inventory management functions;
• Effectively manage internal inventory control processes and appropriately handle exceptions;
• Work with all department supervisors and management team to identify and understand key projects, initiatives and workloads;
• Lead and direct regular efforts to verify inventory;
• Lead, facilitate, and oversee the execution of daily inventory policies, procedures, analysis and reporting to meet facility inventory metrics including scheduled velocity profile reviews, customer forecast reviews and inventory activity based slotting;
• Establish best practice inventory measures including tracking, reporting, and root cause analysis;
• Work with security to establish and adhere to loss prevention policies and procedures;
• Create efficient and accurate inventory management procedures. Assessment of procedures conducted to drive continues improvement and maintain best in class status;
• Reconcile inventories and coordinate annual physical inventory procedures;
• Part of Management Team to implement loss prevention programs and improving management of inventory;
• Plan and implement a recovery program to ensure all defective product is accounted for & handled properly;
• Manage inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs, including weekly and monthly reports;
• Develop a program to audit returns and move returned product to its proper location;
• Ensures Department maintains accurate records to help facilitate shortage detection;
• Develop all necessary reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory counts. Ensures all weekly and monthly reports are delivered accurately and on time.
Your Skills and Experiences
• Five years of management experience in a faced-paced warehouse/production logistics environment.
• Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
• Proven proficiency in an automated warehouse environment, working knowledge of WMS technologies.
• Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work of subordinates.
• Successful communication - written and verbal
• Establish priorities and multi-task
• Possess professional business demeanor
• Material handling equipment and personal computers with good working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Very organized / Methodical
• Critical / Analytic / Objective
• Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment
• Minimum: High School or Technical degree
• Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or logistics
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-08-25T00:00:00.000Z